Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Make sure you do the Fuse 27 fix!!!

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by radelow, Nov 12, 2018.

1. daddycreswell

daddycreswell FRF Addict

Repair shop called this morning. He said when the rollback dropped it off yesterday it fired right up, let it sit over night and started up this morning like it should. I told them to keep it today and just check it every now and then. No clue what happen. Guess I'll go pick it up and take it home. Very odd...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. MC15

MC15 Member

I’m curious why this doesn’t fit under the qualifications for a recall? My 2012 with 106k just fell victim to this obvious design flaw.

3. bigrig

bigrig Full Access Member

I have been procrastinating on this project for about 30K miles. I dug into it this past weekend, thanks to this thread acting as a reminder.

The directions don't say to do this, but I found it helpful and though it worth sharing...
    I unbolted the aluminum carriage that the fusebox clicks into. It requires unbolting 4 bolts near the front of the fusebox which are easy to access. Doing so makes it easier to gain access to the fusebox (and underneath it). I also had to unfasten less of the plastic push fasteners that lock down the cables which was required by the directions.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    xtela likes this.
  4. killvino

killvino Member

New owner, just picked up a 2013 SCrew last week. checked and saw that it hadnt been relocated had the kit sitting in my amazon cart, go to start it yesterday morning and it wouldnt start. checked the fuse and yep it was melted, had to pull it out in two pieces, tried putting in a new fuse but still wouldnt start. got it towed to the closest dealer and making the dealer that sold it to me pay for all repairs, apparently i also flooded the engine trying to start it the few times, spark plugs are getting swapped out too since they were original.

TLDR: melted fuse one week of owning new to me 2013, DO THE RELOCATION ASAP if you havent yet.

5. ghost rider

ghost rider Full Access Member

Thanks all for the info just ordered the repair kit!!

6. Jonny V

Jonny V Full Access Member

I had this repair done at the dealer over a year ago when my truck was in for spark plugs. There is a Ford service bulletin about it that my guy found. They know all about this and what to do to fix it. That said, they are going to charge you if you go to them....

7. mpk1996

mpk1996 Full Access Member

Just did this fix yesterday. It was super easy. seriously, one of the easiest things ive ever done on the truck.

the kit is great, comes with everything you need, including the shrink wrap. the step by step directions are good. there is a video out on youtube of a dealer tech doing the swap. one thing he does that I did that helped a lot is removing the bracket that the fuse box sits on (4 10mm bolts). that gives a lot more room to turn the box upside down and get to the wires.

RC51TOFUMAN likes this.
  8. SVO 85

SVO 85 Full Access Member

My guess would be that recalls are for when there’s a chance at people getting hurt