Make sure you do the Fuse 27 fix!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klavius Morph

Reaction score
This really got me thinking -- my 2011 SCREW stranded me several months ago and I thought it was a dirty MAF sensor, so I pulled it and cleaned it and it's been running fine since. Now I'm wondering if it was a fuse 27 issue.

I pulled the fuse and neither it nor the terminal showed any signs of heat damage, but I'm going to do the fix anyway.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
About six months ago I ran into this problem, I swapped the fuse out....and it had been fine until yesterday. Went out to start it and nothing, just cranking..... I do have the relocate kit....just never installed it. Anyway, I looked at the fuse and it was fine, changed the fuel pump relay in the same fuse box....nothing. Do you think the fuse is still the problem? I called around and it looks like $650.00 is going rate to have the fuel pumped changed out in Lebanon Tn. Should I do the relocate kit and see where that leads me? I guess I should, and maybe save me some cash.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About six months ago I ran into this problem, I swapped the fuse out....and it had been fine until yesterday. Went out to start it and nothing, just cranking..... I do have the relocate kit....just never installed it. Anyway, I looked at the fuse and it was fine, changed the fuel pump relay in the same fuse box....nothing. Do you think the fuse is still the problem? I called around and it looks like $650.00 is going rate to have the fuel pumped changed out in Lebanon Tn. Should I do the relocate kit and see where that leads me? I guess I should, and maybe save me some cash.

The fuse may be fine. The socket itself may not be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The fuse may be fine. The socket itself may not be.

I think I'll go home and fix it. Be worth the try instead of dropping $650.00 on the fuel pump. I know these things can go a t any time, but the truck is a 13 with 43k miles. So it's hard to believe that's the culprit.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'll go home and fix it. Be worth the try instead of dropping $650.00 on the fuel pump. I know these things can go a t any time, but the truck is a 13 with 43k miles. So it's hard to believe that's the culprit.

You’re right. It’s hard to believe. Go spend the $650. If that doesn’t work I would guess that they could relocate the fuse for you after.

Klavius Morph

Reaction score
Has anyone in the thread ever had this gremlin pop up while driving & killing the engine, or is it mostly something that shows up when trying to start a cold engine?

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re right. It’s hard to believe. Go spend the $650. If that doesn’t work I would guess that they could relocate the fuse for you after.

Well....I did the relocation this afternoon....no joy. The truck was put on the rollback this afternoon. Wasn't sure it was going to fit......4faceddc5cea23f964cf7cf52d50ad08.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well....I did the relocation this afternoon....no joy. The truck was put on the rollback this afternoon. Wasn't sure it was going to fit......4faceddc5cea23f964cf7cf52d50ad08.jpg

That sucks ass. Still have a warranty hopefully.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unfortunately no.....oh well.

My fuel pump went out at 30,000 miles. Fuse 27 appeared to be fine, but I replaced it with the relocation kit just to be safe.