M&R 40" Behind Grill Kit Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Monday I received my M&R 40" 80 LED Behind the grill kit, after ordering it only on Friday. It came packaged very well in a fitted box/styrofoam with the brackets and bolts/spacers taped together in the order they needed to go together in. Install was a piece of cake, I think it took me about 35 minutes total including wiring. I didnt get any pics of the install, because I did it in a torrential downpour in a raincoat. (This light is clearly 100% waterproof also, because it has rained about 8" here over the last few days, and the light is still completely dry inside.) Here are a few pics.

Well Packaged: (I was in a hurry to open it)
20121119_125955.jpg

Bracket:
20121119_132222.jpg

With the hood up:
20121119_132206.jpg

Slightly Visible through the grill
20121119_132240.jpg

And of course the obligatory awesome shots:
RaptorLED.jpg
RaptorLED2.jpg

Overall I'm extremely happy with this light kit. It mounts easy, Mik was very helpful on the phone, and great about follow up to make sure the install went smooth and I was happy with what I got. The light output makes driving with the stock highbeams seem like having no light at all. I will be ordering a 30" and 20" bar from him in the near future, and also some pod lights hopefully for the bottom of the windshield.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine thanksgiving day....

iPad 3 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

On Monday I received my M&R 40" 80 LED Behind the grill kit, after ordering it only on Friday. It came packaged very well in a fitted box/styrofoam with the brackets and bolts/spacers taped together in the order they needed to go together in. Install was a piece of cake, I think it took me about 35 minutes total including wiring. I didnt get any pics of the install, because I did it in a torrential downpour in a raincoat. (This light is clearly 100% waterproof also, because it has rained about 8" here over the last few days, and the light is still completely dry inside.) Here are a few pics.

Well Packaged: (I was in a hurry to open it)
20121119_125955.jpg

Bracket:
20121119_132222.jpg

With the hood up:
20121119_132206.jpg

Slightly Visible through the grill
20121119_132240.jpg

And of course the obligatory awesome shots:
RaptorLED.jpg
RaptorLED2.jpg

Overall I'm extremely happy with this light kit. It mounts easy, Mik was very helpful on the phone, and great about follow up to make sure the install went smooth and I was happy with what I got. The light output makes driving with the stock highbeams seem like having no light at all. I will be ordering a 30" and 20" bar from him in the near future, and also some pod lights hopefully for the bottom of the windshield.

How did you run the wires and what Aux. switch did you use?...I think it draws close to 12 amps, did you change any fuses, etc...

I almost ordered the 6 pod lights as well...am thinking about running the 30" up top if this one works out well...

Glad you like...setup looks nice

iPad 3 using Tapatalk

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine thanksgiving day....

iPad 3 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

How did you run the wires and what Aux. switch did you use?...I think it draws close to 12 amps, did you change any fuses, etc...

I almost ordered the 6 pod lights as well...am thinking about running the 30" up top if this one works out well...

Glad you like...setup looks nice

iPad 3 using Tapatalk

I have the 6 light kit and I am very happy with them! The 20" that fits in the center of the bumper is in my near future.

Dave

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353755386956.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353755386956.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 102

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to order them as well, but I torn between them and the rigid d2s...I really like the price Mike has on his products and they look good too...

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

What wheels and tires are you running? Mid perch? And offset?...really looks good....

Fred

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to order them as well, but I torn between them and the rigid d2s...I really like the price Mike has on his products and they look good too...

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

What wheels and tires are you running? Mid perch? And offset?...really looks good....

Fred

The d2s are a great light, I just love the 3 on each side look. It's a more complete look in my opinion. And yes the price is incredible in comparison and ur getting 2 extra lights with M&R!

I'm running 35" Toyo MT with Method Standard wheels "0 offset I believe" and I'm on mid perch. Talk to Brandon at TMX I got my tires and wheels from him. If you do mid perch get the camber kit for your alignment fyi!

Dave

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The d2s are a great light, I just love the 3 on each side look. It's a more complete look in my opinion. And yes the price is incredible in comparison and ur getting 2 extra lights with M&R!

I'm running 35" Toyo MT with Method Standard wheels "0 offset I believe" and I'm on mid perch. Talk to Brandon at TMX I got my tires and wheels from him. If you do mid perch get the camber kit for your alignment fyi!

Dave

Thanks Dave...I am thinking the same thing...just stuck, again, between Toyo MT and Nitto Trails...

I am going to do mid perch when I swap out tires and wheels...10-4 on the camber kit...

Your setup looks really good...amazing what a tire and wheel can do for our truck's look...

Fred

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Haha, only in WA will people just say "the hell with it I'm doing it" and put on a raincoat and go outside and install parts on their truck. I grew up there and it gets to a point sometimes that if you don't just decide to go get a little wet, you're cooped up inside for MONTHS.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, only in WA will people just say "the hell with it I'm doing it" and put on a raincoat and go outside and install parts on their truck. I grew up there and it gets to a point sometimes that if you don't just decide to go get a little wet, you're cooped up inside for MONTHS.

Well you sure are at the other end of the spectrum now I guess?

Btw. Like the bikes...grew up with the Honda CRs...love my CR 250...also had a KX 250...loved those bikes...fun as shit

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave...I am thinking the same thing...just stuck, again, between Toyo MT and Nitto Trails...

I am going to do mid perch when I swap out tires and wheels...10-4 on the camber kit...

Your setup looks really good...amazing what a tire and wheel can do for our truck's look...

Fred

I've been going yo the same tire/4x4 place for 20 years so I really value their opinion. I talked to my buddy there when I was trying to decide on a tire and they recommended the Toyos. Plus they look sick!

And yes I agree it is amazing what tire/wheels do for the look!

Dave