Low Profile Toolbox/ Spray in bedliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Does anybody know who makes a low profile toolbox that can fit in the Raptor? Ive seen postings of guys that have the side mounted toolboxes, but I need something bigger. I just want the standard behind the cab, low profile box. I want to mount it to the bed of the truck and have it sit level with the side rails. Any suggestions? Side note, has anyone tried the roll on, do it yourself bedliner? Does it work out ok, or am I better off paying for a shop to do it? I dont wanna spend the extra money if I dont have to. Id there a particular brand thats better than any others?

V2iper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Paint your own on the full inside of my Jeep. It works ok the hard work is the prep work clean it clean it and then clean it again then sand it sand it sand it, only to clean clean clean before you spread the Liquid on. I have always paid to have truck beds done. My jeep they wanted a stupid number to do it.

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of toolboxes. I have a nice weathergaurd that I had in my last f150. Would like to mount it in my raptor, but there is no way I could get in it unless I crawled into the bed. These raptors sit alot higher than my old f150. Has anyone installed the retractable step made by ford?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I think UWS (UWS Truck Accessories US) has a low profile series that sounds like something you might be looking for.

As far as the bedliner, I have seen the do it yourself and I don't think the coverage, thickness or looks are as good as one from a shop. I also have Line-X.

Mavrik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tool boxes and bed liners

I picked up a relatively new offering by Truck Covers USA called the X-Box Jr...Basically a smaller 8" square tool box that sits over the cannister of the roll cover all done up in Line X...Haven't gotten it yet because they don't ship for a couple more weeks now but will post pics when it's in and installed...Has a relatively low profile above the bed rails...Probably not a good option if you carry lots of big tools but for emergency equipment, tow straps and small tools it should do the trick...I believe one of the flip companies has a box that kind of sits below the edges and velcros up agains the truck cab until needed at which time it kind of folds out into a box...Not sure how sturdy it is

As far as do it yourself liners I say go with a Bed Rug or Line X...Given what you're spending on that truck you may as well get a professional job that will last as long as your Raptor does...Prep work on those DIY jobs is a pain and can leave things looking shoddy...Just my opinion

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How exactly does this relate to engine performance (wrong forum, should probably be in GD)

Mavrik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't...

Lighten up Francis...Obviously the thread got posted in the wrong section...Doesn't mean he shouldn't get an answer

Marine on Land

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think UWS (UWS Truck Accessories US) has a low profile series that sounds like something you might be looking for.

As far as the bedliner, I have seen the do it yourself and I don't think the coverage, thickness or looks are as good as one from a shop. I also have Line-X.

He is totally right. The UWS I put in my truck rocks the house. Pretty certain this is the same model. (They don't display black, but it comes in chrome or black.) UWS Truck Accessories US - 55" Chest Wedged and Notched-BLK

THe top is not flush with the bed rails, but it is darn close. Maybe three inches or so.

As far as the self-liner. Things like hercules liner etc. Do not end up working out. It is more like paint with sand hunks in it. Line X or Rhino work great and come fully installed with a good warranty.

Last edited: