Looking to buy a Raptor, but have Q's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So back on track, welcome to the number one Raptor site in the world. We are family here and treat each other as such. Noogies, hurts doughnuts, swirlies, gentle dipping in the toilet while we hold your feet over your head etc. Now really if you needed someone to count on and have a problem to fix this is the only place to be. You will get free help, support, and most vendors will go out of the way to try to accommodate you. Your questions to you seem simple many here we might say ridiculous to some. There is a poll some where about a V6 engine and we as a group voted about 75 to 2 that we think a V6 would be a heaping pile of horse dung. We want a V8 we need a V8 and we expect a V8. So anything that you may think suggests otherwise would be a huge mistake. Get a Raptor drive a Raptor and you will see why we feel and think and know how the Raptor is not a pick up truck and is far superior to anything made by any other Manufacture for its intended purpose. If you want to learn about them read about them on this forum. We don't know someone who has one, we have them. We drive them, some abuse them, some tear them up and break them. To answer your question these things break, but usually when the driver drives beyond his/her abilty and that of the truck... 90 foot jumps are possible, the likely hood of walking away minimal and driving away zero...

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Big Blue your pictures got my attention, you have just the stock suspension with a bump stop kit i assume? Do you have aftermarket leaf springs? I probably will never be driving beyond what you have in those pictures, and i am not looking to go too crazy.

D

Deleted member 12951

Ok wow i just zoomed in on the pics and it looks like he doesnt, wow. Good driving i assume

He did win at Time Attack over the modded trucks, granted his run was later and wasn't as muddy but regardless, he was hauling ass and was fun to watch.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess we did go a little hard on the OP. But, like was mentioned by a previous poster, we are passionate about our trucks. The upcoming 2017 model will be a test for FORD. I feel that they will get the hint pretty quickly that the majority of prospective buyers will be asking about the motor first. Sure the gadgets and aluminum body will be hard to pass up, but the V8 is what makes this truck what it is today - a badass offroad vehicle!!!!

Look hard and you can still find a new Raptor at a 'reasonable' price.

If you really want good mileage more than anything else, go with a Toyota. They are trail rated. And I think you can get a V6 in those, today. You know that.

Do your research, and good luck with your search. If you decide to get a Raptor, again, do your research. 99% of the time any questions you may have has been covered in a previous thread. As you've seen throughout this thread, we really take a lot of time giving as much feedback and help as is needed......lol.:ROFLJest:

OP
OP
H

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol well I just had time to go through the last couple of pages. Much fun.

But yes, I have test drove 3 Raptors total. A 2010 5.4L and two 6.2L (2 in the last week). I love it, yes I do. But even after all the abuse, I am still thinking about getting the EcoRaptor ;). The current EcoBoosts are impressive, whether one wants to admit it or not. It is funny, because if you at other Forums people are excited about it and bash the V8 (I would never bash either one).

Worst case scenario, as the 2017's come closer to being released, I can grab a 2014 for cheaper. I have found 7 brand new 2014's that aren't moving locally (even though they said they just had a guy from Ohio pick one up). So we shall see.

Yes, Toyota has V6's as I know and own one... but as I have said, I would like to have more overall power along with some MPG... and better fuel range. I hate that I had to add an aftermarket auxiliary fuel tank to get more than 200-240 miles between fills.

Thanks for all the help. I know most of the ball busting was all in good fun, and some out of pure spite. Either way, I hope to be a Raptor owner in the next 18 months.

RaptorRaider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was "forced" to get the f150 Limited, because my wife wasn't bout that raptor mpg. After running about 5k miles on the limited, I was only getting 14.4 mpg on freeway (70 mph speed limit in florida) and 16 mpg commuting to work.
my buddy has a Raptor and gets 13 to 14 mpg. is it worth it a 2 mpg drop for a raptor? Hell yeh! Especially that v8 rumble vs the v6 ecoboost.

Went to the dealership and traded the Limited for a fully loaded raptor. Been so happy. NO RAGRETS.
AND I get 13 to 14. U have to drive like a moron to get 7 to 8 mpg consistently...unless u r heavily nodded
Just saying....
no ragrets.