Looking for a slightly used front fox shock!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? I have a set in Portland that we might be able to work out a trade or something. They have about 24k miles on them and were taken off to swap to a 3.0 set up.

I am located in KC, MO. Were they offroaded hard? Might be a good option if we could do an exchange deal...

$200 for a newly rebuilt set sure does sound like the way to go though...

i am in colorado and will be at rocfest in fallon nevada. i can bring them as far as colorado if you can figure it out. in the meantime, im still shock hunting

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am located in KC, MO. Were they offroaded hard? Might be a good option if we could do an exchange deal...

$200 for a newly rebuilt set sure does sound like the way to go though...

I think that they were run pretty hard, they were the previous owners set up. I changed over within weeks of buying the truck cause I had some cash to play with.
That being said the $200 route is definitely a good option in my opinion if for no other reason - shipping cost.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

i am in colorado and will be at rocfest in fallon nevada. i can bring them as far as colorado if you can figure it out. in the meantime, im still shock hunting

I am trying to make it the rocfest. wont know until later this week.
I would part with these fronts for a good '13 beadlock rim and serviceable tire if we can do a face to face trade. (just the road ring option not the bead lock ring option.)
That seems like a fair enough deal to me, I need a second spare and don't need two fox stock shocks.

open to other offers though.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you are going to rocfest, grantoser can buy them from you and you can drop them off with the roc guys to rebuild. then we can ship them out to @grantoser. that way you dont have to worry about taking them off the truck.

OP
OP
grantoser

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that they were run pretty hard, they were the previous owners set up. I changed over within weeks of buying the truck cause I had some cash to play with.
That being said the $200 route is definitely a good option in my opinion if for no other reason - shipping cost.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

I am trying to make it the rocfest. wont know until later this week.
I would part with these fronts for a good '13 beadlock rim and serviceable tire if we can do a face to face trade. (just the road ring option not the bead lock ring option.)
That seems like a fair enough deal to me, I need a second spare and don't need two fox stock shocks.

open to other offers though.

I'm liking car stereo's idea above... What are you wanting for you shocks?

Last edited:

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could not "sell" them to you cheaper than the $200 rebuild option due to shipping.

I will propose this. I would donate my set of four stock shocks to the team rebuilding them so cost effectively as long as we can meet at Rocfest in person. (looks like I am going, yay)

You could then do the $200 swap directly with the guys rebuilding the shocks.

Think that option would be decent especially since I cannot really vouch for the condition of mine. There is no apparent physical damage to them but I do not know if they need rebuilt or not.

you guys let me know if this makes sense or not

OP
OP
grantoser

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could not "sell" them to you cheaper than the $200 rebuild option due to shipping.

I will propose this. I would donate my set of four stock shocks to the team rebuilding them so cost effectively as long as we can meet at Rocfest in person. (looks like I am going, yay)

You could then do the $200 swap directly with the guys rebuilding the shocks.

Think that option would be decent especially since I cannot really vouch for the condition of mine. There is no apparent physical damage to them but I do not know if they need rebuilt or not.

you guys let me know if this makes sense or not

That would be really, really nice of you bud...

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I took so long. Just came to the party. You can count on my full cooperation.
I had no luck find a shop to swap shocks for a reasonable fee. This could still get pretty pricy.