Looking for a slightly used front fox shock!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed my front right shock on my scab is leaking... Looking to see how much a slightly used take off is so let me know if you have one sitting around!

Also, where do you guys take your fox shocks to get rebuilt? Would that be cheaper? I heard some raptor shops will send you rebuilt one and then allow you to send back your leaking one... That might be a good option so there's no down time on my truck. Don't have any off-road shops around KC to have them rebuilt locally.

Thanks!

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We can rebuild them for you or you can do it yourself with the DIY. If the ROC team builds them keep in mind it will be a week or two as we do this as a community supporter and are rebuilt as schedules allow. But two weeks max if not sooner.

Parts cost is $200 for seals, oil, needle and nitrogen. That is 200 for all 4 or $50 a shock.

You of course are covering shipping.

PM me if you need help.

OP
OP
grantoser

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cause we are only charging for parts not overhead.

Sounds like an awesome deal! Only issue I'm running into is that I am a dental student at the moment and don't have time to pull the shocks off myself... id have to have a shop pull them off for me and then send them in to you guys... not really a way i could limp the truck home without shocks until i get the rebuilt shocks back... hate for a shop to have it that long.

Do you guys have any spare stock shocks sitting around that you could send me and charge me a core charge plus the $200 until I send mine back to you? (more of a trade deal instead?)

Last edited:

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have asked a few owners that have shocks here to be rebuilt if they would want to do a exchange program. So far no takers.

Some members would have to be willing to donate their shocks when they upgrade to 3.0s or something else and no longer need their 2.5s

OP
OP
grantoser

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok... well let me try to think of a way i can get my shocks to you... not sure how to pull it off.

Please let me know if you somehow work an exchange deal! Thanks for trying to help me out!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have asked a few owners that have shocks here to be rebuilt if they would want to do a exchange program. So far no takers.

Some members would have to be willing to donate their shocks when they upgrade to 3.0s or something else and no longer need their 2.5s

Just an idea - so don't slay me here - but have you talked to some of the vendors most commonly doing work on these trucks? I have a feeling that some of them might have some old shocks laying around that they may donate for an exchange program like this is if it would help the members......

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is a great idea. I have not asked any vendors so if you know one to approach go for it.

I would say we need at least two sets to makes sure we always have a set ready to go.

As for Scab vs crew, cups is running "crew" shocks and did not feel a difference and Vanilla_gorilla is running "Scab" shocks on a crew and has been on 3 runs with them.