GEN 2 2017 Fox stock shock replacement options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drgonzo3000

Reaction score
Looking to see what, if any, options are available to replace the Stock Fox shocks with something that is equality comparable. I'm at almost 80k street miles on my 2017 and starting to feel a little wear on them. I have looked into getting mine rebuilt, but since this is my DD I can't pull them off to wait 2-3 months to have them rebuilt. I don't want to go the exchange route and end up getting someone elses trashed equipment nor have to deal with a shops failed rebuild attempts.

I'm just looking to see what options there are for comparable replacement that are about the same as the OEM Fox ones. I did look into getting just Stock Replacements but they are either not available "depending who you call" or they are gouging the price at $700-800 per shock "it's a $400 shock". All the ones I find at the typical online shops are all overkill for a DD Street Queen. Not looking to drop $4-5k for front performance shocks I don't need. So what options do I have.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rockauto is your friend. Looks like they have the fronts in stock for $366, you should check the part number). The rears are a bit harder to find. Their stock levels change frequently. Looks like they don’t have them right now. For $1600 you can get OEM replacements then either sale the old ones for $600 or keep them and rebuild them when your replacements get to 40k miles to minimize downtime

OP
OP
Drgonzo3000

Drgonzo3000

Reaction score
Yeah I ordered all new struts from RockAuto, all were in stock and will actually be here today as long as FedEx doesn't **** them up in shipping. I actually ended up finding the thread I needed pointing to RockAuto and the part #'s on this site with a Google search.