Long Tube Headers and Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vipergts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey chris, nick you listen hear too bud , i PASSED emissions, and i thank nick and his crew over at american racing headers,for looking at my truck that had the stainless works exhaust on, first they stopped what they were doing to look at my truck, threw it on the lift and welded a 45 degree **** on, the drivers side thinking that may be it, to put it more in the line of fire with the exhaust, but after looking more closely,who ever installed the exhaust had the sensors in the wrong locations and was plugged in to the wrong plug, *********!!!!!!!!!, for bank 2 drivers side, the passengers was correct, that was the reason for the light, duh, they switch the sensors, gave me the extension cable to make the correct connection for free, and got me done,they worked on it for over an hour, my next exhaust is no question american racing headers, all the way, awesome folks!!!!! i am thrilled.

Last edited:

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any way headers can pass CA smog?

I don't believe that the smog test itself would be the main concern. IF they have visual inspection process as a part of the emissions inspection then you may run into issues since they are not technically legal in the first place. One look under the hood and you could be shut down before they ever hook anything up to the truck whether the emissions out of the tailpipe actually pass the test or not.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Old thread, I know, but now I'm going through the exact same issues.

2012 Scab, SW LT headers with cats, airraid CAI, Borla exhaust. I had my truck in at Rock and Roll offroad and they checked the O2 sensors and the wiring.

Here's what I'm getting:

P0053 HO2S Heater resistance
P0135 O2 sensor heater circuit

I don't throw the engine light when on tune, but when return to stock the engine light hits with these codes.

In addition I can't get the system to recycle even with 300 miles on it. I'm getting incompletes on the following:

Fuel system
Catalyst
Evap system
Oxygen sensor
Oxygen sensor heater

I'm going to talk to Mike on Monday about getting a tune done that will help, but this really is a severe PITA. I've worked on this since the day the headers were done a month ago to no avail. Ford Tech guy said something about hi-flow O2 sensors?? never heard of such a thing.

any advice is welcome. really don't want to drop the headers off her, but my goodwill with the Colleyville PD only goes so far.