Locks are not working properly (Gen 1)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SS308

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
SS308

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is getting weird. I unlock my truck with my key fob, open passenger side door, hit the door lock (doesn't make any difference if it's the unlock or lock) and the doors lock, but will not unlock.

Is this because the driver side lock switch is not functioning or do I have to conduct an exorcism?

KCM

Reaction score
Ok, this is getting weird. I unlock my truck with my key fob, open passenger side door, hit the door lock (doesn't make any difference if it's the unlock or lock) and the doors lock, but will not unlock.

Is this because the driver side lock switch is not functioning or do I have to conduct an exorcism?
That’s the same thing that happens to me. Key works. Unlock from inside switch won’t work but lock will

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Obviously there a short and/or a wire loose somewhere.
If enough water got into the door switch and rusted up it could be back feeding.
Hell, I drive with the window open all the time and don't know how many times I've made a right turn and all the roof water comes right down onto the door arm rest. LOL

Did you unplug the harness on both doors or all four doors. (not sure if you have a Scab or Screw)

And I have to ask if the child locks are enabled, doubt that's the problem but couldn't hurt to play with it.
You can try turning on and off the easy entry and exit settings, turn on and off the lock doors at speed. (just throwing it out there)

Last edited:
OP
OP
SS308

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. I will definitely try everything you suggested.
Just got off shoulder surgery, so it might be awhile until I can get to it.