Locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any problems with their locker not turning off after the knobs been pushed in? My has been staying on driving through town and making a lot of rearend clunks and bangs lately.

It a 13' with only 13,500 miles and I rarely use the locker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coder

Reaction score
I don't know why its staying on, but I do know you can break an axle shaft by driving it locked on dry pavement.

OP
OP
svtraptor13

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I know but dealer didn't even care at all. Was still locked this morning. Drove it up to the dealer. Idiots there I swear. One would think they would tell me not to drive it, and tell me they will come and get it.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just give it a quick little holeshot in reverse it will unlock.
It's happened to me a couple times when you engage the locker and don't roll forward a little before getting on it.

Baddoug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any problems with their locker not turning off after the knobs been pushed in? My has been staying on driving through town and making a lot of rearend clunks and bangs lately.

It a 13' with only 13,500 miles and I rarely use the locker.

I noticed my 2014 do the same thing the other day. I have only engaged the locker a couple times just to play around with the front camera. My truck has only 3000 miles on it, all highway. I just reversed and jumped on the gas a bit to get it to disengage. I think it would be best after engaging the locker to back up and maybe turn the wheels to help it release. I know my '03 F-150 FX4 the rear locker and sometimes 4 low would stay locked after disengaging with the dash nob. That's just some of my experiences anyway.

OP
OP
svtraptor13

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a call from the dealer yesterday. The locker broke and took out some other parts with it. One of the parts they need, there is only one in the whole country. Kinda a weird problem to have happen for no reason.

Baddoug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks! I hope I'm not destined to have the same problem with my locker.

OP
OP
svtraptor13

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The locking spring in the locker ended up breaking and a shim was broken. That's a new one for me. Seems to me it's defective parts. All fixed and better now anyway.

Last edited: