Locker Down Console Safe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Locker Down-- follow up. This thread is a few months old, wanted to add to it. I ordered a LOCKER DOWN model LD 2045EX with the e-lock for a 2019. Install was fast, maybe 15 minutes. The install video they have is all you need. Very straight forward. It fits perfectly. The e-lock is a very nice keypad. Takes a few minutes to program it. One issue I had was that the lid of the unit cuts the console lite bulb right in the middle. This still leaves light inside the console, but it leaves nothing for the top. Meaning if you need to get into your safe and it's dark, the keypad is dead black. Nothing. And there are no raised keys, so you can't feel your code out. They do not offer a lit keypad, or a raised number keypad, so you need help. One solution is to open the lid switch half way when driving, so it's immediately available. Just have to remember to lock it when you leave. The other is what I did. They installed a USB port top left on the frame. It has a tether underneath that connects to a USB adapter you need to buy for the cig lighter (about $10). So now your top USB plug is live. I bought a $10 Amazon laptop light w/ a flex arm, touch switch and dimmer. It follows the outer frame and casts a perfect light over your keypad, and it won't interfere with opening the lid. All you do is touch the end of the light to turn it on or off, and hold your finger there to dim it. Plus it's a handy light for other misc needs w/o having to turn on the big overhead lites...

View attachment 124973

Great idea

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter