Livernois heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why 2 threads for the same question?

Why are you replacing the heads?
2 threads because one is in the Gen 2 sub. I figured someone with an older truck might have some feedback. I’m replacing them to make more power. The bottom end is going to be built as well, so more flow will help. New larger turbos are going to need to be able to flow freely to maximize performance gains.

OP
OP
S

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your recommendation. There is no software to tune the R’s yet, so I’m not 100% committed. I’ve almost bought a few, but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I’m happy with my truck right now, but when it breaks I’m going to build back better. I also don’t like to buy the first year or so of new platforms. Every time I do I have problems with the vehicle. Depending on taxes, I might have one by the end of the year. I’m blessed to have a few companies with fleets to go along with them.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can get an aluminator and SC installed for less and be better off by the time you do all that work to the ecoboost. I love my raptor, but I'd take a V8 raptor over it any day....

OP
OP
S

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drop a supercharged V8 in your truck.
That is one reason why I will buy a Raptor R. It would be much more of a PITA to convert the typical Gen. 3 truck. I also have plenty of amazing V8’s in my Arsenal. My top favorite 3 are built for sand drags and mud Boggs. My Butte Mobile is extremely impressive when I get on it in deep sand. That truck was one of my first vehicles. I am still beyond ecstatic to have such an amazing truck in my garage. It is a 1976 Custom F-250 single cab. This truck was my fathers first brand new truck he ever purchased. I am one of the few lucky people to have a fully built motor from Jim Statkus at Statkus Engines before they shut down their machine shop about three years ago. I decided to pass my family tradition to my firstborn son with my first new vehicle I purchased when I was in high school. It’s isa super clean 93 bronco. It had a 351 Windsor stock motor. I decided to build it the way it deserved. It is stroked out, balanced, blueprinted just like my Buttemobile, with many other additional mods. It has a huge account of low end torque. Anyway, I don’t need to drop a V8 into my six banker truck. It is extremely fun to play with. Thank you for your personal opinion to my specific request for simple feedback.

OP
OP
S

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can get an aluminator and SC installed for less and be better off by the time you do all that work to the ecoboost. I love my raptor, but I'd take a V8 raptor over it any day....
I understand your opinion, but have you ever owned a built Gen. 3 Raptor? I’d appreciate your feedback if you have any real experience with livernois heads. Let’s see what we can do to push the limits of these trucks!