Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 1 Livernois 6.6L Stroker

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by nick0331, Jan 10, 2019.

1. SVTFordRaptor

SVTFordRaptor Full Access Member

Okay, I am not following what the solution is to this problem, or better yet, what you should do to prevent this problem from happening again. Are you stating one should run shackles on Deavers to get the ride height back to the stock ride height? By adding shackles to Deavers, you are increasing the droop. From reading the posts above, it appears that the extra droop is what caused the shaft bushing and seal to fail. So would it be better on the shaft bushing and seal to run Deavers with stock shackles?

I have Deavers +3. I was getting ready to switch out my shackles, but before I do that, I want to make sure I am not about to do something that is going to put me in your position.

2. AJS44

AJS44 Member

Shackles shouldn’t make a difference unless you go to longer ones. The way I fixed it was new t case since the driveshaft destroyed the entire output snout and a custom driveshaft from axle exchange in New Jersey. Axle exchange is great to work with and they’ll make whatever size driveshaft you need. All they need is the length between the transfer case and the axle

3. RaptorN/Abuild

RaptorN/Abuild Full Access Member

When I was considering a n/a 6.6 build livernios told me it would be more like 530rwhp

4. nick0331

nick0331 Full Access Member

Thats is in a perfect scenario. You have to account for 37” tires, heavier aftermarket suspension, internal cage, full bed rack with gear and 2 spares, not to mention we dyno’d at near 7,000’

5. RaptorN/Abuild

I see how 37 in tires would matter but why would heavy suspension, internal cage, bed rack, and 2 spares matter

Sernas likes this.
  6. nick0331

More weight over stock. More weight on the tires on the dyno rollers = more friction and HP loss. While more friction in an offroad, wet, or icy environment is a good thing. In the case of registering power, the less force required to move the tires on the dyno rollers the better.

7. RaptorN/Abuild

Yes. But the only thing that should affect the numbers are the tires and the elevation

8. bigrig

bigrig Full Access Member

The way I understand it is the only time weight that matters on the dyno is the weight of the rotating mass in your drivetrain (including the wheels). The heavier these parts are, the more parasitic loss you will experience from the engine and the less power you put to the ground.

Another way to look at it is if you stripped your vehicle down so it weighed 1000 lbs; Would your truck's engine make any more power? No. Would the truck be faster in the 1/4 mile in the real world? Yes. The dyno is just recording the engine's output while it isn't under load.

I think the process of entering the curb weight into the dyno is to simulate what the real world results will be, but that metric is different than what power the engine is putting out while it isn't under load.

Take this explanation with a grain of salt, I have never dyno'd any of my vehicles.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    nick0331 likes this.
  9. nick0331

The shops dyno was showing 26% loss for altitude at time of tune. And this is a very high end shop who builds several thousand HP late model cars.