Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by nick0331, Jan 10, 2019.
I second that sentiment sir!
Good choice on using Amsoil. Only use the best!
Went to start it up today, was idling rough, found out why...the center diamond piece inside the header collector is non exhistant...as in they never welded one in so it’s not sealed. Stainless works is over nighting a new header. Unreal that that was missed by quality control. Not to mention I now have to have the new one ceramic coated before install. And still have truck ready for the Mint400 next weekend.
Standby to standby
Ouch! What a bummer! Hopefully Livernois will step up and take good care of you.
The exhaust was from Stainless Works not Livernois, and yes theyre over nighting a new header
Let’s try this again...
You better hurry you have places to be this week!
Got it on the dyno. The numbers were very impressive and it idled great. We ended up with the following corrected numbers at around 6900ft.
Motor - 526HP / 541TQ
Wheel - 390HP / 401TQ
Motor number is based on a 35% loss of power through the drivetrain, beefier gears, larger tires, additional weight and so on.
With 22 degrees of timing the gains were: +115 RWHP / 106 RWTQ
Now for the bad news:
When the technician took it on a test drive it threw a cam code. They came back and popped the driver valve cover to find the cam phaser was lose, significantly, about 1”2 of play in it. (Video to come)
These heads were assembled at Livernois and sealed in plastic and shipped with the block, the heads were then installed on the block in the truck. The install/tune shop had nothing to do with the head assembly. Had this not have been found, the head could have grenaded and destroyed the head or worse the block also.
The truck is still at the shop as the phasers need to be tightened to spec. An email with the attached video was sent to Livernois and I am awaiting their explanation.
Overall was a good day and great numbers but can’t help but be disappointed in the assembly of the heads on such a high end expensive motor.
More to come...
PS how do you attach videos? First said was too large so I compressed, then said file extension was not allowed (.mp4) want to share the dyno & head vids.
Sorry to hear man! Hopefully Livernois will take care of this ASAP—I made sure to read your post correctly this time
I think you may have to upload the video to YouTube and just post the YouTube link on here.
By the way, I watched Truck Night in America and saw your truck. It looked great! Lol you definitely needed a new engine. I would imagine that the mud and other terrain was pretty tough on your 4wd system too.
I hope so too, they’ve been very easy to get ahold of and worked with me on the motor build so no complaints there. I’m sure we’ll get it handled tomorrow.
And yeah maybe I’ll try the youtube way.
Yeah Truck Night was brutal. Motor was dead as ****, both diffs had water. Trans was flushed and was actually fine. And T case drained and was ok also. Only other carnage was the poly skid plate for gas can is done, cut on the car grave pile. I’ll add an aluminum one soon.
A lot more updates and pics on IG @nicko331
Separate names with a comma.