GEN 2 List your camper/travel trailer info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20200703_200919.jpg Even though I replaced the tow hooks, they're just cosmetic. There isn't enough metal/weld on them to tow. With that said, the two bars that slide in there for towing use a 3/4" pin to connect the tow bar and can work as tow hooks without a problem.

I use only Roadmaster products and have the Roadmaster 10K Falcon 2 tow bar. When I was towing my Silverado, I would put my 50" RZR 800 in the bed and tow the combo to Moab Utah for trail riding. My motor home can tow 15K.

Last edited:

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s the beast I tow. Raptor handles it with ease haha

2020 SCREW Raptor
Suspension - 2” level 37s
Camper- Braxton Creek Bushwacker
Length -13’
Dry weight -1320lbs
Tongue weight-125lbs
Single axle trailer
2” Reece tactical hitch

66D6FB2B-B57B-439F-AC7B-29D4A37141D0.jpeg

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are shopping for a travel trailer and I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed trying to figure out what will safely work. A lot of these posts seem to be about larger trailers than I am looking at and seem to be overweight for the Raptor.

I have a '19 SCREW with a payload rating of 1079 lbs. It's my understanding that the hitch weight comes out of the payload rating, which makes the payload rating the limiting factor in most cases after I subtract out passengers:

1079 (payload rating of my truck)
- 450 (hitch weight of proposed trailer)
- 400 (passengers)
- 100 (WDH)
= 129 lbs of remaining capacity

Does this look correct? I'm leery of only leaving myself 129 lbs for literally everything I might bring with me on a camping trip. Are others just ignoring this and driving overweight?

Whaler27

Reaction score
Here's how it's attached. The base plates are made by Roadmaster and are about $400.00. My next project will be to build a push bar that fits in those base plate holes, so it's removable when I tow the truck.View attachment 161368 View attachment 161369 View attachment 161365
How is your modification attached? I’ve installed the same tow brackets, and I was going to weld up the pieces I assumed you used, but retaining the pin-locking mechanism would push the hoop way too far forward. If I shorten the shaft to lose the pin-lock, there will be nothing holding it in place. What am I missing?

Last edited:

Whaler27

Reaction score
Here’s where I’m stuck:

Attachments

• 4A47469E-F3A7-4C1D-9C79-C04AE49EBA99.jpeg
    4A47469E-F3A7-4C1D-9C79-C04AE49EBA99.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 29D92EAF-EC55-4064-BBE2-58B451E36253.jpeg
    29D92EAF-EC55-4064-BBE2-58B451E36253.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 9

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We are shopping for a travel trailer and I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed trying to figure out what will safely work. A lot of these posts seem to be about larger trailers than I am looking at and seem to be overweight for the Raptor.

I have a '19 SCREW with a payload rating of 1079 lbs. It's my understanding that the hitch weight comes out of the payload rating, which makes the payload rating the limiting factor in most cases after I subtract out passengers:

- 400 (passengers)
- 100 (WDH)

Does this look correct? I'm leery of only leaving myself 129 lbs for literally everything I might bring with me on a camping trip. Are others just ignoring this and driving overweight?
Your math is correct and yeah. The Raptor is quite limited in payload and towing. Gotta ask yourself how often do you do Raptor things in your Raptor? If the answer is never or almost never, it might not be worth compromising on your TT options just so you can drive around a cool truck.

Whaler27

Reaction score
Here’s where I’m stuck:
Disregard. I figured it out. I think I have enough surface to get several inches of good weld on each piece. I think I could probably lift the Raptor by these tow hooks now — but I wouldn’t bet my house on it!

Whaler27

Reaction score

- 400 (passengers)
- 100 (WDH)

Your math is correct, but there are things you can do to hedge your margins a bit. The Raptor’s payload rating is poor because the suspension is designed for performance and travel, not weight carrying and stability. I upgraded the rear springs to Icons and installed Eibach springs up front. Our 5500 pound boat tows much better now.

Tongue weight is usually about 12% to 15% of the trailer weight, so if your trailer and it’s tires will handle it you can carry quite a bit in the trailer with a nominal effect on truck payload.

Nothing you can do to a Raptor will turn it into a legit tow vehicle, but you can equip it to safely and comfortably tow a light travel trailer or boat.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the live shocks it will squat with any heavy tongue weight. Getting a weight distribution hitch helps substantially. Mine is a 2020 super crew / all stock suspension / flatbed trailer with tractor is in the #6000 lb range / Andersen WDH. With these trucks the lighter the tongue weight the better. Once you have the truck trailer close to level (with the WDH) it pulls great. The truck has tons of HP & Torque , just doesn't have the frame / shock setup for heavy towing hope that helps.

View attachment 159243
Nice tractor!
Actually the Raptor has the upgraded HD frame over the standard F150. It is different and has a different part number.