GEN 2 List your camper/travel trailer info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing you can do to a Raptor will turn it into a legit tow vehicle, but you can equip it to safely and comfortably tow a light travel trailer or boat.
Thanks for the post. That is pretty much my plan as well.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta ask yourself how often do you do Raptor things in your Raptor? If the answer is never or almost never, it might not be worth compromising on your TT options just so you can drive around a cool truck.
I appreciate the thoughts but I'm not getting rid of the Raptor. I would much sooner just find a smaller TT--ideally one of the smaller tandem axle models.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow ill be looking at a Winnebago Hike 215, manufacture says the trailer weighs about 4500ish lbs dry. I have Icon springs installed how they came from Icon.
Trailer is right about 25' in length. I plan to get a WD hitch if I indeed buy the trailer.

I take it the Raptor should tow the trailer well?

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow ill be looking at a Winnebago Hike 215, manufacture says the trailer weighs about 4500ish lbs dry. I have Icon springs installed how they came from Icon.
Trailer is right about 25' in length. I plan to get a WD hitch if I indeed buy the trailer.

I take it the Raptor should tow the trailer well?
The 215HS shows a dry weight of 4360lbs which is actually pretty light, but the hitch weight is 660lbs which would make me pretty nervous. On my '19 with a payload of 1079lbs, there would only be 319lbs remaining just after subtracting the hitch weight and WDH weight.

I am shooting for something in the 4-500lb hitch weight range personally.

Riker20

Reaction score
I know this thread is a few months old, but I finally broke down and bought a newer Travel Trailer from an individual that was upgrading to a 5th wheel. Picked this one up in Altus, OK, and drove it back to Tulsa, OK. About a 240 mile trip. Did just fine with the WDH and anti-sway bars. Cruise on 62mph. I do have upgraded HD Deaver +3 Leaf Springs and some 37" Toyo D rated tires.

Travel Trailer is a 2021 Grand Design 2800BH. 6500lb dry, and 7900lb fully loaded. Have a friend that has 300 acres of land about 50 miles southeast of Tulsa and we have 50amp recepts hanging on the back of his cabin/barn. I know I'm close to payload capacity, so my wife and the kids ride in her car.

Attachments

• Imagine.jpg
    Imagine.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 32

ryeabs

Reaction score
Mine a few posts up is also a 2800bh (2019). Recognize we are pushing payload. But I do let the kids, wife, and dog come along in the truck. About 10k miles towing now. All stock suspension. Congrats - we've loved our grand design.