GEN 2 List your camper/travel trailer info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
Hello all,

I know there are a ton of threads on towing, suspension, and capabilities, but there seems to be varying info ranging from "it cant tow sh*t" to "I'm towing 7k no problem".

I am looking to purchase a camper trailer, and wanted to get some real life feedback from those who have one and their experience.

Please list below:

SCAB or SCREW Raptor
Suspension - 100% stock, or list your mods (specific to towing)
Make/model of camper trailer
Length
Dry weight
Tongue weight
Single or double axle trailer
make/model of weight distribution hitch being used

I have a 2020 SCREW Raptor
100 % stock
Looking to purchase a 21-22ft camper trailer around 4000 pounds, but would like to get a 26-27ft trailer closer to 6000 pounds if I can realistically pull it without issues. Looking at Coachmen and Forest River brands.

Thank you

Last edited:

TerribleONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subd.. Would be nice to get a bunch of data in one thread like this. I am thinking of picking up a Stryker 2313 soon and would like to be able to tow it with my truck instead of borrowing a family members diesel.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All you're gong to accomplish with this thread is having another thread not unlike the other threads you've already read. Some people will say it sucks at towing, others will say it's great.

OP
OP
B

beemerb0y

Reaction score
All you're gong to accomplish with this thread is having another thread not unlike the other threads you've already read. Some people will say it sucks at towing, others will say it's great.

I'd also like to see what people are hauling. First time trailer buyer here, and there are so many options its rediculous

Navigator55

Reaction score
2019 SCREW Raptor
100% Stock (but already looking at deavers)
Forest River Alpha Wolf 26DBH
Overall length -32 ft
Dry Weight - 5795
Tongue Weight - 600 lbs
Double Axle
Equalizer WDH

Been up the Mountains here in CO and it pulls it fine. Need to be careful with how it’s loaded to keep tongue weight under 800lbs.

TerribleONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 SCREW Raptor
100% Stock (but already looking at deavers)
Forest River Alpha Wolf 26DBH
Overall length -32 ft
Dry Weight - 5795
Tongue Weight - 600 lbs
Double Axle
Equalizer WDH

Been up the Mountains here in CO and it pulls it fine. Need to be careful with how it’s loaded to keep tongue weight under 800lbs.

Have a picture of that setup? How much does the truck squat?

Justin Hughes

Reaction score
2018 Screw
Stock Suspension
2021 Keystone Bullet 290
Dry Weight = 5,600
Tongue = 700
Length = 33’
I have a weight distributing hitch with sway bars. It can tow the trailer all day long without breaking a sweat but the suspension is squatted to where it’s barely off the bumps (~2” max). Tried everything with the WDH but at speeds over 60 it starts to sway and drag the truck around with the slightest breeze or passing truck. I think you’ll be fine with a slightly smaller camper than I ended up buying.

Crosby

Reaction score
With the live shocks it will squat with any heavy tongue weight. Getting a weight distribution hitch helps substantially. Mine is a 2020 super crew / all stock suspension / flatbed trailer with tractor is in the #6000 lb range / Andersen WDH. With these trucks the lighter the tongue weight the better. Once you have the truck trailer close to level (with the WDH) it pulls great. The truck has tons of HP & Torque , just doesn't have the frame / shock setup for heavy towing hope that helps.

IMG_5520.JPG

Attachments

• Andersen_Hitch.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 10

Bruce D Klein

Reaction score
I have on order a Grand Design 2610ML
total length of trailer is 30'
Dry weight 6274 and hitch weight is 661
I will be using a Hensley hitch.
The Raptor is a 2019 Screw with all the trailer options. I did add large bump stops to mitigate any back end sag.

The trailer will not be until 2/20/21 so i don't know how it tows but I'm hoping for the best.
I will be following this closely as I am also unsure of how this setup will work.

Snowfly

Reaction score
I have a 3500 pound newer travel trailer. Raptor does poorly with it because of squatting. Love my 2019 Raptor, but it’s not a good vehicle for towing