GEN 2 List your camper/travel trailer info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP77

Reaction score
2018 SCREW Raptor
Stock suspension
Forest River Patriot 26DBH
Overall length -32 ft
Dry Weight - 5795
Tongue Weight - 600 lbs
Double Axle
WDH with a sway bar I bought on marketplace.

I’ve pulled it from Missouri to North Carolina through the mountains. Pulled it through all the back country roads to get to the campsites. No issues other than it only gets 10-13 mpg. Depending on how it’s loaded I squat 1-1.5”. I also jack the rear of the truck way into the air to set the WDH.

16F74E6F-E1AD-4EDE-BEDA-64BA0F3A121D.jpeg

OP
OP
B

beemerb0y

Reaction score
2018 SCREW Raptor
Stock suspension
Forest River Patriot 26DBH
Overall length -32 ft
Dry Weight - 5795
Tongue Weight - 600 lbs
Double Axle
WDH with a sway bar I bought on marketplace.

I’ve pulled it from Missouri to North Carolina through the mountains. Pulled it through all the back country roads to get to the campsites. No issues other than it only gets 10-13 mpg. Depending on how it’s loaded I squat 1-1.5”. I also jack the rear of the truck way into the air to set the WDH.

View attachment 159884

what do you mean by you jack the rear of the truck way into the air ?

BigRick73

Reaction score
@BigRick73,

What model number is that?
2016 Coachman Freedom Lite 231RBDS. The numbers in my first response was off a little as I was doing it from memory. It’s a great trailer. I like the 81” ceilings as I am 80” tall. My only bitch about pulling with my SCAB is the fuel tank is only 26 gallons versus the 36 gallon tank in SCREWS.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BigRick73,

Thank you Sir. Shopping for one myself to pull with my SCREW. That is actually the model I was looking at as it's just me, the wife and mastiff. No need for bunks or the like taking up space. I'm about 6" shorter than you and 255lbs. A little worried the bathroom is going to be a bit cramped though. Any regrets?

BigRick73

Reaction score
No regrets. Overall the trailer meets all of my and wife’s needs. It’s just my wife, me and our 10# dog.
I changed the stock RV queen mattress for a regular queen. At 6’8” 305lbs, RV mattresses suck. The bathroom is ok. Tight in the shower. I love the outdoor galley. Great trailer, I’m sure you will like it.

SuthJL

Reaction score
I'm picking up a Grand Design Imagine 2800BH tomorrow. We plan to pull it with our Expedition at first and then eventually with my Raptor. I am worried about the squat and was thinking about getting one of the Roadmaster Active Suspension devices to try out. I figure $460ish and install myself is better than $1500+install for new leafs.

Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
Dry Weight: 6386
Overall Length: 32 ft
Tongue Weight: 604 lbs
Double Axle

TerribleONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruiser RV Stryker 2313
Dry weight: 6,700
Tongue weight: 860 (This is what the manufacture states however seems like its less. Will pick up a scale and weigh it)
Overall length: 27.5ft
Double axle
Running a round bar style weight distribution hitch. Cant remember the brand.

Truck has deaver +3s with SVC bump stops. Did not adjust/lower the bump stops yet.

I have access to a diesel and will most likely be towing with that especially if I am putting anything heavy inside however I think the raptor could tow it fine without any toys in the back if I just want to take the truck out to cal city for the weekend and have somewhere to sleep. I only towed it back to my house from the dealer but I was really surprised/impressed how the truck handled it.

50882100391_e4e8b0799e_b.jpg

JP77

Reaction score
what do you mean by you jack the rear of the truck way into the air ?
In order to set the pre-load on the weight distribution, I jack the truck attached to the trailer tongue about 9”-12” up then set the pretension and lower the trailer tongue/rear of truck back down. That way the weaight of the trailer tongue is distributed toward the front of the truck.