Limp mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magaraptor

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Gen2, AFe intake, intercooler,blade runner tube kit, Turbo smart blow off valve, custom dyno tune.
Under extreme boost the truck will go into limp mode for like 30 seconds,Then get a misfire code on my phone from the Ford app. Anyone else have any issue like this, If so how did you resolve it? Thanks I appreciate your response

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take it to a place you trust and at the least get the codes read.
Without codes you can check spark related parts which can often lead to misfires, but you are flying somewhat blind until we know each code on the PCM.

moonjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any rattle at start up? I had a cracked cam gear that sent misfire readings but never went to limp mode.

OP
OP
magaraptor

magaraptor

Reaction score
No rattle now I had to cam phasers replaced three weeks ago that would go into limp mode before and after that

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Gen2, AFe intake, intercooler,blade runner tube kit, Turbo smart blow off valve, custom dyno tune.
Under extreme boost the truck will go into limp mode for like 30 seconds,Then get a misfire code on my phone from the Ford app. Anyone else have any issue like this, If so how did you resolve it? Thanks I appreciate your response

Literally...

SAME exact issue when I had my COBB stage 2. High boost, HIGH rpm, running WOT and then BOOM! Limp mode for 20-30 seconds with CEL.

Took off tune, no problem. Buy the colder plugs - regap down to .024 .026 and try again. When that doesn't work or if it doesn't, remove the tune and have another custom built tune done. Does the tuner know you have all of those items done?