2017 Wrench light, limp mode unable to shift into gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Akleinschmidt

Reaction score
What's Going on! searched the forms a bit and didn't see anything that was as similar as my expense. I would like some theories from everyone.
2017 Gen2. Roush intake, magnaflow exhaust. 40k miles. had the truck about 6 months now. Love it, ran it decently for about a day and a half in the desert (BAJA mode). Previous owner took care of it (so it appears). I changed oil at about 35k. seemed a bit low, I figured maybe from the hard desert trek. (March)
April, Was away on a trip for about 2.5 weeks so it has just been sitting.
Today, during city driving, it loss power went into what I believe is the limp mode and threw the Wrench light. lucky it was pretty close to my house. didn't have time to today to check the transmission fluid level as I've just learned its quite the process. I also never noticed the trans temp run hot either.
My Schedule is sucky this month, but before I arrange a tow to ford I wanted to see if anyone had any insights or had something similar happen.

Thanks,
AJ

OP
OP
Akleinschmidt

Akleinschmidt

Reaction score
Had time to get under the truck.
Very low transmission fluid. But no signs of leaks? And only at 41k. Not sure if this is the norm. Wish it was easier to check the fluid. I Filled her up cleared the codes and working it through the gears. I’ll have it serviced and hopefully nothing was damaged.