Lightweight, Quiet, Road-centric All-Terrain Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Cooper XLTs as well. They look great, no noise/hum, much better wear and wet traction vs. the BFGs.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitro G2 is a noisy tire in my opinion. Loud when new, my 85 yr old father even said something about the noise and they were loud with 10k before being completely worn. Had to have them rebalanced every time they were rotated as well. That was with a 22” tire ( not on a Raptor).

Louscrew

Reaction score
I sported these Kumho's after the KO2's until I couldn't take the noise anymore.
But Bruno is a concrete warrior 95% time too, so bad choice.
Kumhos.jpg

So trying these out now: Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3, 60lbs ea.
Real smooth and quiet on the road but more street truck looking IMO. But it's nice to cruise with the windows down and the radio at a comfortable level.New shoes.JPG

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nitro G2 is a noisy tire in my opinion. Loud when new, my 85 yr old father even said something about the noise and they were loud with 10k before being completely worn. Had to have them rebalanced every time they were rotated as well. That was with a 22” tire ( not on a Raptor).
My only beef with the Terra Grapplers was they sucked in snow. I ran Trail Grapplers on my next 2 F150s and they did fine in snow.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Yokohama MTs, and they are great in everything I've tried, but like the above poster said, they get loud as they age. Mine are wearing well, have better traction than anything else I've run, but with 35K on them are flat out loud. Yoko does make a new AT called the X-AT that might be worth looking into.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Yokohama MTs, and they are great in everything I've tried, but like the above poster said, they get loud as they age. Mine are wearing well, have better traction than anything else I've run, but with 35K on them are flat out loud. Yoko does make a new AT called the X-AT that might be worth looking into.

I had Yokohama MTs also, worst garbage tires I ever had! I got a flat once because I ran over a banana! I once got stuck in a puddle because the traction was so poor!! They wore out at 700 miles!

:cool: Actually never had a pair, but I just felt like ******** with you a little.

policedutchdog

Reaction score
After my KO2's went to shit after only 20k miles I put on the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 as well and can say that I really like them so far. Quite ride with plenty of traction in both dirt and snow.

OP
OP
titanjc

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO the KO2s are complete garbage. I have nothing good to say about them. Not sure how anyone likes them. Maybe 100% dirt they are ok, but otherwise they are noisy and have the worst on road traction ever. The coopers OTOH ride so much better and smoother, much quieter - there really is no comparison. The coopers really are that good IMO. As for the flares, to make a long story short my truck was the victim of a gunshot wound thought the driver rear flare. The passenger side flares needed replacing too. Cost to replace 3 was roughly $1500 delivered. I sought alternatives. I went with the 2" wider Anderson Composites flares which ran me about $1750 delivered.
Thanks, I appreciate the direct comparison. I didn’t mind my KO2s until about 30k, then I kind of knew I’d be going a different direction eventually. Road noise, overall lifespan, and wet traction are my biggest complaints.

Crazy story on the gunshot damage! It’s a good thing no one was hurt. I’ve been on a CF kick and have looked at the Anderson flares before. How was the fitment?