lights in the grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain CABO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my bosses setup. He separated his grille from the hood to make it work; the grill is attached to the custom support brackets that hold the radiator.

null_zps2914c898.jpg

null_zps23632ebe.jpg

I put two 8" Baja Designs OnX in my grille. These are spot beams, the 37" bar below are wide driving beams.
null_zpsaa87e3e4.jpg

null_zps7154b71b.jpg

null_zps27af25d0.jpg

Captain CABO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome man, can you give us more info on that front bumper please? Really digging this set up, planned on doing the 37" bar down low, but the 8"s up top are awesome too.

The bumper is a full custom from Outlaw, same bumper that went on Gordon Brown's truck. I wanted the Baja Designs bar behind the grill so we moved the tranny cooler over to make it all fit. The 37" bar with the 2 Squadron XL spot beams up top provided plenty of light, but a little extra never hurts!

One thing I will say, and it's pretty obvious why, is the lights behind the mesh grille on my bosses Raptor seem much brighter. The lights behind the stock grille are plenty bright, but you can tell the difference big time at night.

OP
OP
Baddkarmaracing

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steele do you have a pic of that bar? It sounds like the 30" version of a 20" I had, if it is I recommend taking the cover off of it and resealing it. They are known to get water in them

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but here goes anyway. I notice that many folks are putting light bars behind the grill of their Raptors. Does this appreciably lower the amount of light that gets through? It seems that much light would be blocked by the grill blocks.

If I ever get the Raptor I ordered months ago I plan to install a light bar. The only ready location I can see is behind the grill. That lower opening below the grill will probably be blocked by a license plate. I've always wondered how much light is blocked in the grill installation. Thanks for your input.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there has been some testing by the members. it has been shown to block up to 40% of the light output. there are many variables between light output pattern and placement. spot pattern would be best to use behind the grille for the minimal light ouput loss