License plate renewal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also read that Washington State voters approved a measure to reduce car tabs. And then the corrupt liberal courts overturned the will of the people. Pay up!

West coast is screwed. Democrat party rule in every branch of government.

And they are happy to drive around in their $100k Teslas while all the pleobes give each other Covid and ride choo choo trains that cost a billion dollars per mile of track. ...Those trains are empty.
Many years ago WA tabs were pegged to the price of the vehicle but they voted to change it to a flat rate. I always thought it was a ridiculous idea - if you can afford the vehicle, you can afford the licensing. I think your average vehicle without special plates was $90 which isn't much really these days. The govt. has to generate revenues somewhere and lowering the licensing price is just another step towards a state income tax. We already pay one of the highest fuel taxes in the country and ~10% sales tax. If they ever institute as state tax I'm moving to Nevada or Texas! I love the PNW but they're getting way too lefty, even on the east side of the Cascades.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They called it a "use" tax. It was based on a valuation table of the state's own making. Artificially inflated auto valuations. Disgusting.
Corrupt.