A Brief Gen3 v Gen2 comparo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Note I did not say review. If you want to read my review, you will have to sub to my *** onlyfans page where I show myself sans socks trimming my hemorrhoids. :p

I approach this, as some may know, as a thrice Gen2 owner. But hey, before my love affair with the Raptor, I never owned or considered a truck so take it for what it’s worth.

As you all know. The dash, especially the center screen, is very nice. Some have faulted the pattern of the cf. me ay hogwash. It looks fine.

The lane keep feature is decent, a 5 out of 10. Keeps reminding you to put hands on wheel, even when they are on it.

Yes, as I read here, the whatever, camera I guess that reads speed limit signs sometimes reads 65 as 85.

I drove my Gen2 with 25k miles 700 miles from NY to NC to get the Gen3. ordered it in October, it’s a ‘22. Did NOT pay one cent over MSRP. Not a cent less either. Got more on trade than I expected.

I’m typing this in Va as I got tired and couldn’t continue another 300 miles home tonight. No worries, my wife got the dogs in bed. Lol.

I concentrated on ride quality on smooth highways, mainly 81S On way down. The ride of the Gen3 in comparison Thus far, 300 miles in? Very similar, though the rear does stay and feel much better planted around bumpy curves.

the exhaust in quiet mode can be easily heard when accelerator stepped on and it sounds better from inside, sounds less fake and less piped in.

I really like the shape of the side mirrors.

the seats are full and comfortable, with nice long seat cushions.

the leather seems better quality, as are the interior plastics and the trim in general.

one reason I had to move on was I could not suffer any longer leadfoot being nothing more than primer. Lol.

Now that you wasted your time reading the above, learning nothing more than you already knew, I’ll bid you good evening.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did I mention the turn signals are now a higher quality clunk, clunk, instead of the prior sound? And how as I was pulling out I thought it was a countdown clock or the clunk from suspension some have complained of?

Last edited:

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, enjoy your new ride good health.

Reading through your old posts, I see your truck shipped on ~3/5. So, less than 2 weeks to delivery. I'm hoping mine follows the same timeline; shipped 3/10 and I'd love to pick it up within the next week. Strangely/sadly, status (FP) still shows railyard in New Boston, MI as of 3/10. I'm hoping it's a case of the tracker just lagging.

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the reason I didn’t get Leadfoot. I was convinced I wanted it and then saw it in person, thankfully the dealer had an identical Magnetic

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on your new ride. Work truck white looks nice. :)
....as did your gloss primer grey gen2.