Let's Talk SIRENS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
So, I've been using a pretty inexpensive "chinesium" 100W Siren on my truck for the past year or so.

I went cheap on the first one as I wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of it.

Now that I'm certain that it is a VERY useful tool when crossing ranch land both in the US and in Mexico, I need an upgrade.

I had my second experience of Horses not giving a single shit when my 100W siren is on full wail.

So What Siren should I get? What is the LOUDEST? 200W? 400W? ( do they make a 400W siren setup?)

I will install whatever siren "speakers" on the cross cross-member, on the underside of the core support, facing forward.

having to listen to the siren for 5 minutes while I essentially "herded" the horses was a little annoying,. but hilarious. I've had a similar experience a few times now with cattle, especially bulls.

( gratuitous horse pictures below)

xwzvSvU.jpg
iBrdpZO.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help!

You should get one that is capable of making varios predator sounds as this will move the animals out of the way much quicker.

Maybe a pack of wolf's, a mountain lion, etc.

LOL!

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
You should get one that is capable of making varios predator sounds as this will move the animals out of the way much quicker.

Maybe a pack of wolf's, a mountain lion, etc.

LOL!

The siren that I ordered has a PA function & mic. I guess I'll just have to drive around with a pack of wolves in the truck.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this got me thinking of the trails around me here in Florida. the trails are so tight with blind corners i just ordered a cheap 100w siren to have something rather than nothing.... now i feel like this is one of the most important saftey features... outside of fire extinguishers ....

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
going to baja is doable for anyone. I've developed a bit of a love affair/addiction with Baja, because for my money, nothing comes close. I don't do much else aside from work and prep/plan/go to Baja.

Let me know next time you are heading down to Baja. I am going March 30 to April 5. Also, the Baja 500 is June 9th and runs right through my neighborhood. It is always cool to set-up a grill, coolers, and corn hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter