Let's Talk SIRENS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So, I've been using a pretty inexpensive "chinesium" 100W Siren on my truck for the past year or so.

I went cheap on the first one as I wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of it.

Now that I'm certain that it is a VERY useful tool when crossing ranch land both in the US and in Mexico, I need an upgrade.

I had my second experience of Horses not giving a single shit when my 100W siren is on full wail.

So What Siren should I get? What is the LOUDEST? 200W? 400W? ( do they make a 400W siren setup?)

I will install whatever siren "speakers" on the cross cross-member, on the underside of the core support, facing forward.

having to listen to the siren for 5 minutes while I essentially "herded" the horses was a little annoying,. but hilarious. I've had a similar experience a few times now with cattle, especially bulls.

( gratuitous horse pictures below)

xwzvSvU.jpg
iBrdpZO.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on our wyoming event we come across hundereds of cows. they laugh at you with the measley horn on the truck. are you stuck on electrical? i have found no greater way of moving cattle than with my train horn. but if you dont want the onboard air setup, and something smaller and electric, i dont have a good suggestion

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
on our wyoming event we come across hundereds of cows. they laugh at you with the measley horn on the truck. are you stuck on electrical? i have found no greater way of moving cattle than with my train horn. but if you dont want the onboard air setup, and something smaller and electric, i dont have a good suggestion

I want to go full-on electric, police quality siren. Beyond the livestock issue, when we have a priority incident, leaving the siren on wail with all of my lights on helps notify anyone near me that I'm hauling ass to get to the scene of the issue/emergency.

I have onboard air, but I'll destroy an air horn pretty quickly, OR the air horn will turn into a Mud cannon when the horn gets filled with mud and I go to use it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pretty sure they'll give more of a shit about 400w vs 100w. :beatdeadhorse5:

If you kill it, you’ll never get it to move, no matter how much you beat it. :) How about mounting a cow-catcher on the front? That’s what trains do, and I’m pretty sure it’s not because the train horn scares them off.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
If you kill it, you’ll never get it to move, no matter how much you beat it. :) How about mounting a cow-catcher on the front? That’s what trains do, and I’m pretty sure it’s not because the train horn scares them off.

running over a rancher's livestock might not have the best outcome for me. We tend to need their permission to cross the land and I don't think they need us clipping their herd.

a loud siren is also something that makes bombing down trails a bit safer as any unseen oncoming traffic will at least hear me.

south of the border, the locals kinda know that if they hear a siren offroad, in the middle of nowhere, that it is probably a trophy truck or high-speed offroad rig hauling ass, coming their way.