Lets start modding. DRAGY results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right after I made this pass and going to meet coworkers for breakfast. Kid in civic type r rolls up with loudazz exhaust not new but a few years old. We were rolling up to red light i flipped to 4 auto . Light turns green we both hit it I trounce him to 60. both let out radar was going off . He must had detector to . Cops passes us other lane . He starts down shifting and reving. I get up next to him . We both hit it from 50 to 90 ish . I slowly pulled him . He was half truck length behind when I let out. Then after breakfast old guy in 96ish firebird ram air wants to play looked stock . So I know those are 14 second cars . Roll up to red light switch to 4a and let him hit it first . I had 3 truck lengths on him by 80mph.
Lol People just don’t understand how well these trucks run.

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heh, just wait til intercooler and stage 2. Are you doing an oem replacement or an FMIC?
Garrett Oem stock location. I'm getting ready to pull it out of box . Going to paint end tanks and add temp sensors . On inlet side tank and outlet side tank to monitor efficiency and Temps with my banks data monster.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right after I made this pass and going to meet coworkers for breakfast. Kid in civic type r rolls up with loudazz exhaust not new but a few years old. We were rolling up to red light i flipped to 4 auto . Light turns green we both hit it I trounce him to 60. both let out as radar was going off . He must of had a detector to . Cop passes us in other lane . He starts down shifting and reving. I get up next to him . We both hit it from 50 to 90 ish . I slowly pulled him . He was half truck length behind when I let out. Then after breakfast old guy in 96ish firebird ram air wants to play looked stock . So I know those are 14 second cars . Roll up to red light switch to 4a and let him hit it first . I had 3 truck lengths on him by 80mph.
Sound like legit kills to me. I love the way these trucks leap off the line. What would you be looking at if converted to see level? I only ask, as that’s where I am.

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sound like legit kills to me. I love the way these trucks leap off the line. What would you be looking at if converted to see level? I only ask, as that’s where I am.
Sea level my guess be at least 1 to 2 tenths better. Dec and Jan get some good air and negative density altitudes. Summers I'm betting truck loses 50 to 60 hp because of heat and 5000+ ft DA. One of things want to experiment next summer is intercooler sprayer. Spraying distilled water on core to get evaporative cooling effect. Gale Banks data monster is pretty cool with various sensors installed it will calculate a actual DA and how much hp your losing or gaining. Diffrent modifications affecting manifold density. Really cool stuff.

Last edited:

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I have never had an issue with BBK throttlebodies . I had one on my SRT10 and 14 ecoboost. The billet one I just installed is solid ,uses ford motor and electronics.

Here are stock runs with 180 thermostat and drop in filter . DRAGY DA Is 500 ft lower than what local airport is reporting. This was warmer day as well.
The TB diameter is a data point in the Speed Density equations for the engine. Swapping a larger TB without updating the tune with the actual diameter will throw all the airflow calculations out the window. Just sayin…

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The TB diameter is a data point in the Speed Density equations for the engine. Swapping a larger TB without updating the tune with the actual diameter will throw all the airflow calculations out the window. Just sayin…
Valid point once I get everything installed I'm going goosetune so he will take that into account. I know some people have had air leakage codes because of BBK. But I have not , I have never had a engine light yet ,or no stored codes. I think throwing a TB on without resetting and relearning would goof things up. After every change I do a reset .

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't know if this is a fluke , filling up this morning i gained 30 miles DTE than i usually have. See if it holds by next fill up .

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You must have been getting more mpg’s last tank for the truck to calculate this fill up to be higher than usual.

When do the refineries switch to winter blend gas? Can’t remember which blend is actually the better summer or winter for power lol

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pulled the Garrett out of box getting ready to install on monday. Then load up stage 2. I will try to run one more dragy run tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• 20211119_122324.jpg
    20211119_122324.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: