Let’s be honest- The Raptor R is going to be expensive!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually had to goggle what a F 12 was, lol. Beautiful automobile. But I can think of bunch of ways I'd rather spend $319k.
Hats off to you if one of these is sitting in your garage. I'm jealous.
View attachment 170527View attachment 170528
I think you’re saying that because you didn’t even know what that car is to begin with let alone driven one.

maybe there is just a cut off for you on the amount you’d pay for a car but I can tell you that car is worth the price of admission. Styling is subjective though

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor, Raptor R, TRX...none of this is about functionality. It's about the experience and fun of driving an exceptional vehicle. Only 1 in 10,000 of us *need* to go bombing through the desert or crawling in MOAB for any legitimate reason except fun. So yeah, 700hp cars and trucks are purely about fun, even if they can only put all of that power down in an exceptional scenario. I'm OK with that. I've got probably 30 more years where I can do anything I want without limitation. I plan to have a hell of a time, and I definitely hope 700hp trucks and cars is part of that fun, and if there's something wrong with that, I guess I'll just be wrong.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you’re saying that because you didn’t even know what that car is to begin with let alone driven one.

maybe there is just a cut off for you on the amount you’d pay for a car but I can tell you that car is worth the price of admission. Styling is subjective though

Coming from someone that can write a check for a F12, it's not worth the price of admission for me. I guess different strokes for different folks.

dvm

Reaction score
Damn! Butt hurt?! He is on point in a thread about new truck prices. New in 2017 57k was possible. Now were discussing 100k is possible for the R.
Not at all. But again. What’s your point. Everything goes up in price when your talking new items for sale. Look at lumbar.

you also can’t compare an entry level raptor 2017 for 57k to a high performance 2022/23 raptor R.

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both my data analysis/estimates and several dealers response says two things about the R:

1. Unless you are a dealers #1 customer, you won't see an R in your driveway for years unless you pay well over $120K for it.

2. Nobody will pay under $100K, and likely that will actually be over $110K.

That's pure BS, considering I got my Gen1 6.2L for well under $60K with Platinum extended warranty, and accessories.

If not for the TRX getting 8mpg the way I like to drive, I'd look for one of those, but those now are way ADM priced, too.

dvm

Reaction score
Both my data analysis/estimates and several dealers response says two things about the R:

1. Unless you are a dealers #1 customer, you won't see an R in your driveway for years unless you pay well over $120K for it.

2. Nobody will pay under $100K, and likely that will actually be over $110K.

That's pure BS, considering I got my Gen1 6.2L for well under $60K with Platinum extended warranty, and accessories.

If not for the TRX getting 8mpg the way I like to drive, I'd look for one of those, but those now are way ADM priced, too.
Take a look on the TRX forum. They have a dealer from Iowa selling the 2022’s for 5k under MSRP.

gas mileage is realistically about 10 combined. Still pretty crappy. You also assuming the R will be better but probably not.

so for 75-80k you can you a TRX and have a ton of money left over for gas. Instead of 110k or so for an R

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fully loaded 19 at 76,000$
Add 5,000$ ish for sales tax
Maybe add another 3,000 ish for extended warranty
So 85,000$ ish. +( 400$ dmv)
That’s my story
Says my wallet—— ouch.
not counting interest cause that’s on me.
1623525020040.png