LED replacement for 921 backup bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They make ones with built in resistors. I think superbrightleds sells them. Ill look later and post it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nick that would be awesome...I really like the look of the LEDs...

Btw thanks for the idea on the reverse light...huge difference...

Do you have LEDS in your blinkers? I noticed the hyper flash does not happen with just the hazard lights...weird...

I think I Am going to do the cargo, puddle and interior dome as well...I love the low current draw as well...

I am guessing that is what causes the fast blink, the computer thinks there is a bulb out...

Thanks again,

Fred

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nick that would be awesome...I really like the look of the LEDs...

Btw thanks for the idea on the reverse light...huge difference...

Do you have LEDS in your blinkers? I noticed the hyper flash does not happen with just the hazard lights...weird...

I think I Am going to do the cargo, puddle and interior dome as well...I love the low current draw as well...

I am guessing that is what causes the fast blink, the computer thinks there is a bulb out...

Thanks again,

Fred

Fred i looked again and originally i must have thought the ones made for the euro cars were them but i am wrong. There is No built in resistor led that i know of.

I dont have leds in my blinkers just some nice sylvania incadescent front turn signal bulbs. I did do the dome, map, puddle, cargo, and reverse lights. They all are a big improvement looks and function wise. Def do them Fred its well worth it! None of its hard to do even the puddles.

I was goin to do the blinkers but i didnt feel like spending the money and it really not looking much different. I will see what happens i keep goin back and forth with wanting to do switchbacks up front...

U r right the computer is looking for a certain load draw. The leds draw far less than incadescents. The resistor is just that, it adds resistance to the ckt which ups the amps creating the load draw needed.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fred i looked again and originally i must have thought the ones made for the euro cars were them but i am wrong. There is No built in resistor led that i know of.

I dont have leds in my blinkers just some nice sylvania incadescent front turn signal bulbs. I did do the dome, map, puddle, cargo, and reverse lights. They all are a big improvement looks and function wise. Def do them Fred its well worth it! None of its hard to do even the puddles.

I was goin to do the blinkers but i didnt feel like spending the money and it really not looking much different. I will see what happens i keep goin back and forth with wanting to do switchbacks up front...

U r right the computer is looking for a certain load draw. The leds draw far less than incadescents. The resistor is just that, it adds resistance to the ckt which ups the amps creating the load draw needed.

10-4...I am going to see if I can exchange the blinkers for dome, map, puddle and cargo at super-bright...I will call them tomorrow and see what I can find out..

Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the Pics of

1) Reverse Lights: 2pcs T15/T10 Wedge CREE Q5 Emitter 5W Led Reverse Back up Lights 921 912 906 #04 ( 150978252514 )

Plate Lights: 2WLED-xHP5: 194 LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Wide Angle Wedge Base WLED-WHP5: Natural White
\

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 85

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well they look bright, how much of an improvement in your opinion are the backups to the OEMs.

On a scale from 1 to 10?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well they look bright, how much of an improvement in your opinion are the backups to the OEMs.

On a scale from 1 to 10?

I would say an 9.0...they look great easy install and great price...The only complaint I would have is that they are almost to bright...they are blinding...

Fred