GEN 2 Leaked info on motor? 2017 Raptor 450hp/510lb.-ft of torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No matter what the case I'm curious to see what numbers "officially" get released. I honestly was hoping to see slightly higher numbers than that. With the main line F150 Gen 2 ecoboost tq going to 475 I would have expected the HO model to be somewhere in the 525 range.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Pretty certain if they were pulled, it was a mistake and those were the real numbers. They were right in line with expectations as well.

We'll know for sure once they put them back on our source book. lol

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking if they intentionally were going to leak it they wouldn't have put the info that deep in the document.

Either way I see it as a win win for Ford. It's created a huge buzz on the internet about it being "leaked" and if it is actual numbers of not. So the frenzy for accurate info continues

True, but I think you mentioned previously somewhere that you were checking it daily for new info. So it took less than 24 hours for the entire Raptor community to learn about it...

It is a win/win but I see an opportunity for Ford to get an even bigger win... even if it was 460/520, that would cause a much bigger stir than Ford confirming 450/510

I'm skeptical. Probably just wishful thinking haha

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True, but I think you mentioned previously somewhere that you were checking it daily for new info. So it took less than 24 hours for the entire Raptor community to learn about it...

It is a win/win but I see an opportunity for Ford to get an even bigger win... even if it was 460/520, that would cause a much bigger stir than Ford confirming 450/510

I'm skeptical. Probably just wishful thinking haha

I was checking it daily. On our dealer portal site with Ford the main page has news links that pop up daily. There was a headline about the new 17' F150 and the 17' Raptor. I clicked the Raptor link but just came up with the page that had the general info we've already seen published. Then I saw a post on here of a FB post that looked like our Esourcebook. So I went back and dug further. That's when I stumbled across the page with the motor specs. By the next day that page was still there but the motor specs were removed. I would imagine that wasn't a leak and we'll see those numbers as the official numbers. I'd love to see them come backand be higher, but I doubt it.

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll wait for the official announcement. Tweeted Levine earlier, not sure how to take it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 7.10.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 7.10.58 PM.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 7.11.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 7.11.35 PM.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 74

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I'll wait for the official announcement. Tweeted Levine earlier, not sure how to take it.

How much closer to launch do they need to get??? They are supposedly starting to build them in a few weeks and there are orders in. Sounds like "launch" has already happened...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ZaneMasterX

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much closer to launch do they need to get??? They are supposedly starting to build them in a few weeks and there are orders in. Sounds like "launch" has already happened...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Media supposedly get keys this month to start reviews as well so why the hell are they dragging their feet?

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No matter what the case I'm curious to see what numbers "officially" get released. I honestly was hoping to see slightly higher numbers than that. With the main line F150 Gen 2 ecoboost tq going to 475 I would have expected the HO model to be somewhere in the 525 range.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

We'll know for sure once they put them back on our source book. lol

Disregard you were talking TQ.

Last edited: