GEN 2 Leaked info on motor? 2017 Raptor 450hp/510lb.-ft of torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would lay money the the GT 3.5 has different pistons, cams, valves, valve springs, and intake. Possibly crank & heads as well. GT motor is a dry sump. Exhaust manifolds and downpipes are obviously different. Way more than tuning difference between the GT and Raptor.

Agreed. Harrisb seems quite delusional.

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how I'm seeing it...

Mike Levine: Don't worry we will officially announce it's engine specs soon. It will be a surprise!

Us: No need, I just dyno'd my Gen2 yesterday... Thanks for nothing FORD!

It's not exactly the same. The number you would be dyno'ing would be rear wheel numbers with many variables at play like DA, weather, dynamometer calibration, etc. And because of the loss through the powertrain (the new 10 speed especially) which is unknown you would not be able to determine engine power output.
Ford would be releasing what they call BHP/BTQ (Brake metrics) that are confirmed through stringent and consistent testing environments.
Either way, power numbers are just hints of vehicle performance can do, its all about how much, when, for how long, and how consistent that power is applied that really matters. I've seen 1000+hp vehicles that are dogs and 350hp vehicles that are insane :)

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not exactly the same. The number you would be dyno'ing would be rear wheel numbers with many variables at play like DA, weather, dynamometer calibration, etc. And because of the loss through the powertrain (the new 10 speed especially) which is unknown you would not be able to determine engine power output.
Ford would be releasing what they call BHP/BTQ (Brake metrics) that are confirmed through stringent and consistent testing environments.
Either way, power numbers are just hints of vehicle performance can do, its all about how much, when, for how long, and how consistent that power is applied that really matters. I've seen 1000+hp vehicles that are dogs and 350hp vehicles that are insane :)

I completely understand. I come from tuners myself.