Leaf spring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRB

Reaction score
Went off roaring and when I got home I noticed a squeak coming from the leaf spring. does anyone know if my leaf spring went or does it just need to be tightened? Any help would be appreciated I attached pictures of both and as you can tell the first pics last leaf spring has a gap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 44

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the time it's dust and debris getting between the leafs in the pack. The little round isolators at the tips of each leaf are the cause most of the time. Give them a good wash down with a pressure washer and spray a good type of lubricant all over the leafs including the bushings. It's a common thing.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks normal; there is supposed to be a gap there. Ford recommends lifting the rear of the truck to expand the springs, clean the leaf packs with a pressure washer, and then dry them with compressed air. No lubricants are recommended, as they can attract dust/dirt/contamination which can cause additional noise.

OP
OP
M

MRB

Reaction score
But did you notice that in the first picture which is the passenger side the bottom has a gap where the rubber bushing is and the second photo(the driver side leaf spring is fully clamped together with no gap.

OP
OP
M

MRB

Reaction score
Looks normal; there is supposed to be a gap there. Ford recommends lifting the rear of the truck to expand the springs, clean the leaf packs with a pressure washer, and then dry them with compressed air. No lubricants are recommended, as they can attract dust/dirt/contamination which can cause additional noise.
But did you notice that in the first picture which is the passenger side the bottom has a gap where the rubber bushing is and the second photo(the driver side leaf spring is fully clamped together with no gap.

OP
OP
M

MRB

Reaction score

Doubledown

Reaction score
I had to lubricate mine with a generous amount silicone spray after pressure washing. Problem solved.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did not; there should be a gap like on the passenger side. The driver side spring may be damaged.