Laramie Longhorn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 13 Raptor came with auto start and Ford factory spray in bedliner so those two are out...

Resale is one of the reasons I bought mine too. Just look at used Raptor prices and see for yourself. If you search the forums you'll find threads where people mention dealers that sell around invoice so you can find a good deal on one. Don't pay MSRP.

I'm sure the Ram you can get for invoice minus the rebates and I also had a King Ranch before this and loved it.. But trust me, this is a TOTALLY different beast of a truck!!

Have you test drove both yet?

Scottyneutron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha you think at 34 you're not a young man? Just wait till you're pushing 50, or 60.

I've been comparing F150s to the Ram 1500 for two years.

If you're an average size guy, the Ram is a nice truck. The F150 on the other hand is way roomier for bigger and taller guys. Also the tranny bulge in the floor of the Ram is restrictive on legroom for long trips.

PowerFold mirrors are still not an option on the Ram.

If the interior is important to you, maybe consider a Platinum F150? You can get one with the 6.2L motor and throw a 4" or 6" BDS lift kit with coil overs and aftermarket tires/wheels and it will look and be plenty badass compared to the Ram, AND have an awesome interior.....

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You want fake wood in your truck? No way! Once you test drive the two trucks you will feel the deference in the ride and trust me off road the Raptor will blow the Ram away.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Push button start - Big effing deal. try turning your power on with out starting. It's a pain.

Rambox - This is a handy feature, but you can get a bak box or throw stuff behind the seat

Included spray in bedliner - Ford offers or you can upgrade and line-X, bedrug, etc, etc

Air suspension - Wait until the bags blow out. We have RAPTOR suspension which beats anything OEM can offer

Nicest leather seats I've ever seen in a truck, and I have an 11 King Ranch. - Sit in the Raptor, most comfortable seats ever

Wifi in the truck. - This is also in the Raptor and uses your phones data plan.

Really nice real wood trim inside. Wood is :wtg:

Get the Raptor and don't look back. You won't regret it. I ordered mine blind and haven't had one complaint yet.

Last edited:

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get a Raptor you should. They are not easy to get. Most of us had to order ours & wait several months. If you can find a dealer that will sell you one close to Invoice that will save you some $$$$. The resale value for a Raptor is very high.

Do a search on here about the leather. It may not be the highest quality but if you keep it conditioned it should hold up. I think the seats are very comfortable.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f10/leather-interior-19213/

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f7/anyone-else-have-fragile-leather-seats-2586/

After reading here on the forum, I had Line-X spray in my liner instead of the factory & I am very pleased.

I am 53 & I love driving mine.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your 35 and feeling old, you have either beat your body and mind to crap or haven't taken care of yourself. I'll be 44 this year and can outperform many a young 35 year old. 35 ain't old. It's just getting started. When you hit 80-90, then you can start talking about being to old for something.
Go out and live your life to the fullest! Every day should be a new adventure. Find your balance in life and know for every day that passes, it will never be repeated.
Ok, off my soap box now! Get busy living and get that Raptor and start exploring places you would never be able to experience in a ram!

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
The raptor is no comparison.
Yes the new dodge is very nice. I was looking at a fully loaded 10 sport 1500 when I got my truck.
The raptor will not disappoint. I have had mine for 3 years now. Every day I get in my truck, I still smile and enjoy driving even just down to walmart.
The difference in suspension is dramatic. I can hit any speed bump in the road at any speed and never worry about the end result.
Plus I like getting attention from other trucks. No one looks at a laramie. Everyone looks at a Raptor!!!
I get on average, 4 comments on my truck every day! Find a guy with a dodge who can say that.