Laramie Longhorn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bearfan

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I need some help. I'm looking at either a 13 Laramie Longhorn or a 13 Raptor. Both fully loaded. I REALLY want a Raptor but I have a few humps to get over. First, I'm 34. Am I too old to drive one of these? Is this a young mans truck? Second, the Raptor is a good $7k more than the longhorn ($51 v $58). The Longhorn interior is SUPER nice and the truck itself has a lot of features that the Raptor just doesn't have. So basically I'd be paying $7k more for a truck w a lesser interior just because its BADASS looking. Essentially, my heart wants the Raptor but my head wants the Longhorn. Help me rationalize buying a Raptor!

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't even see how there's a comparison between the two. One is actually a truck, and the other is just a big car.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I need some help. I'm looking at either a 13 Laramie Longhorn or a 13 Raptor. Both fully loaded. I REALLY want a Raptor but I have a few humps to get over. First, I'm 34. Am I too old to drive one of these? Is this a young mans truck? Second, the Raptor is a good $7k more than the longhorn ($51 v $58). The Longhorn interior is SUPER nice and the truck itself has a lot of features that the Raptor just doesn't have. So basically I'd be paying $7k more for a truck w a lesser interior just because its BADASS looking. Essentially, my heart wants the Raptor but my head wants the Longhorn. Help me rationalize buying a Raptor!

It's a good question, but probably not a great place to expect a fair and balanced answer :Big Laugh:

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Push button start
Rambox
Included spray in bedliner
Air suspension
Nicest leather seats I've ever seen in a truck, and I have an 11 King Ranch.
Wifi in the truck.
Really nice real wood trim inside.

push button..really? Not that big of a deal.
Spray in liner you could get your dealer to add in cheap or free
Fox>Air suspension thats a no brainer
the dodge has really nice interior I'll admit but the raptors is very nice as well
I'm sure the wifi is pricy to run and now days I get 4g in a lot of places and my phone is a free hotspot (foxfi app)
fake wood trim looks worse then the raptors time I think

and hell no you're not too old. My dad just turned 50 and is about to order a '13

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor has wifi.
fox suspension is way better than the Ram coil over car suspension that need air bag to over come the ridiculous sag when towing

Last edited:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Couple of things that drove me to get the Raptor was having something parked in my garage (1) that I would look forward to driving every day for a long time and (2) that was functional.

One concern I had, like you, was that my neighbors and friends would think "he's too old for that", "what a poser", "what a doushebag", and "what a waste of money". Then I thought to myself, "**** em, I know my automobiles, and this one kicks ass".:birgits_tiredcoffee

OP
OP
B

bearfan

Reaction score
Thanks everyone this is really helpful. How does the leather hold up over time? My King Ranch leather has already worn out a good deal after just 2 years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc