Lack of aftermarket support?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YFZero

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a bit of a lack of aftermarket support in terms of suspension upgrades for the 3rd gens? I'm not talking collars, Eibach springs, upper control arms, but more actual mid/long travel kits, shock upgrades, etc. Is it because the 3rd gens are still too new? Economic conditions? Am I just totally blind? Curious if anyone has an insight into this.

Slaptor911

Reaction score
My $.02 The newer trucks with electronics are getting so much more complicated, and Better, that it's truly hard to develop something that truly performs better. Example would be the Gen2 vs Gen3 FOX Live Valve. The gen3 uses a 3.1" shock, vs the Gen2 3.0. The internal piston and Internal bypass bodies are the same size, but a thicker shock body was needed as the Gen3 generates over 2x the pressures, the valves react twice as fast, and the system monitors the vehicles pitch, yaw, speed, throttle input, brake input, and shock position twice as many times a second vs a Gen2. I lot to improve upon. Arguably the most capable off road truck in the world, and also drives smoother on the highway that any vehicle I've been in.

Last edited:

mobiia

Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed the lack of an aftermarket too. Thinking maybe it's too similar to Gen2 and there is some overlap, and/or maybe not big enough market considering how tough it was to find one for the first few years. Hoping it gets a little better as the generation progresses.

NatG

Reaction score
Foutz Motorsports makes a lot of suspension kits & upgrades for Gen 3 that you should check out. They do cantilever kits, mid & long travel kits and they just released a +3 Long Travel Front Suspension system kit for Gen 3 a few weeks ago. here's some links, hope this helps

Long Travel Gen 3:
https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/pr...foutz-motorsports?_pos=2&_sid=07c6a10d6&_ss=r

+3 Long Travel:
https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/pr...n-long-travel-kit?_pos=6&_sid=07c6a10d6&_ss=r

Gen 3 Mid travel:

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the thing that bothers me the most is the lack of Gen 3 specific shock and coil over setups. When I was looking at replacing the shocks on my 2018 there were several specific options from Fox, Icon, King and others. For the Gen 3's it seems the only replacements are the left over Gen 2 stuff from Fox.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I think the thing that bothers me the most is the lack of Gen 3 specific shock and coil over setups. When I was looking at replacing the shocks on my 2018 there were several specific options from Fox, Icon, King and others. For the Gen 3's it seems the only replacements are the left over Gen 2 stuff from Fox.

From the rumor mill I was told that companies are having a hard time with the springs binding on full unload. Not always going back to the correct space. Will take some more R&D when compared to leaf springs.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My $.02 The newer trucks with electronics are getting so much more complicated, and Better, that it's truly hard to develop something that truly performs better. Example would be the Gen2 vs Gen3 FOX Live Valve. The gen3 uses a 3.1" shock, vs the Gen2 3.0. The internal piston and Internal bypass bodies are the same size, but a thicker shock body was needed as the Gen3 generates over 2x the pressures, the valves react twice as fast, and the system monitors the vehicles pitch, yaw, speed, throttle input, brake input, and shock position twice as many times a second vs a Gen2. I lot to improve upon. Arguably the most capable off road truck in the world, and also drives smoother on the highway that any vehicle I've been in.
The computer actually changes more than twice as much as the gen 2. 30/second vs 500/second. Gen 2 with eclik is 500/second as well.

Hannibal

Reaction score
i still don't understand why we cant get gen 3 factory race shocks from fox though.....