Knock off 20" Amber light bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I tried prying the mounting bar. Except its not 1/2 inch off. It's a full inch. I was just trying to save future customers some time, by informing them that this won't fit a standard 20" mounting bracket. I thought that was the purpose of any online forum, the sharing of information and knowledge. I guess here, the paying vendor is always right, not the customer.

Again not a true statement. I said we didn't know know and have not known that the Rigid mount would not work. All of us were trying to find a solution to your mounting problem.

Thanks for sharing the information.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else on the forum mounted one in the lower bumper opening with the included brackets?

Reaction score
Because:

1. I already had the 20" Rigid mount mounted.
2. I don't want my support looking like swiss cheese.
3. It was posted by Olympus Off-road that it would fit the Rigid mount.
4. If you use the supplied mount, the mounts will end up being well behind the bumperlets.
5. The supplied mounts are not near as robust as the Rigid mount.

Your post tells me that Olympus Off-road will say anything to make a sale, and then just say anything to try to get a customer to not return the product. Great customer service!

Hi - This is Daniel

Im not going to justify anything to you. This is the first time I have ever heard that our product wont fit a mount. When you emailed me I told you that we could get it taken care of. You filed a paypal dispute before you even tried to mount the light and even though tracking shows you got the light and you show on here you got the light, the dispute remains open...

you want to return the light then that's fine, I told you that last week.. close the dispute give me a call and we can take care of it..

We do not refund shipping period... I would be more than happy to wave the restocking fee in this case or is that bad customer service too??

honestly... you were mad that you order took a couple extras days to go through due to the holiday... you had your order at you door 7 business days after you ordered. Feel free to say what you want but in the end you are the one that is making it impossible to give any kinda of quality customer service.

and FYI 21 inches VS 22 Inches is a 1/2 inch on both sides... Not that big a deal just slide it in.

-Daniel

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. That took a turn for the worst. I think Daniel has been pretty honest and up front. Why not call him and settle it by phone?

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

By the way, I just went out and measured my off brand light bar that I bought on Amazon. It measures almost 22" from mounting point to mounting point. When I installed it I didn't even think twice about sending the light back. I bolted the Rigid bracket to the truck and hammered the ends enough until the light fit. I then bolted that SOB and called it a day. Looks great and haven't had any issues. Simple solution to a simple problem. Just putting it out there. I think you could have resolved it by trying that out first.

OP
OP
G

Gilligan

Reaction score
I don't think iceman deserves the rocks being thrown at him. Scrapman, his fab guy and myself failed to get it into my mount.

Life happens though and Daniel met me halfway so all is good for me. No hard feelings

Last edited:

wags891

Reaction score
After following the first page or two I bought the Olympus dual color light bar. Does anyone have any feedback for installing it in the OEM bumper? I am hesitant to order the rigid bracket after reading the rest of this thread, has anyone used the brackets that come with this light?

OP
OP
G

Gilligan

Reaction score
6B8A82AC-28D9-4C6A-9AF1-F67018FA19EE_zpsiw39thfe.jpg
Condensation, rust and weather stripping falling off

2208AB63-9861-49B5-BAB0-CC3F0149948B_zpsujozobzs.jpg
filled with nasty, black and white sludge after just a couple weeks.

IMG_6185_zpscexdmh4x.jpg
Camera was being kind, more than one LED is out.

^^^^ Needless to say I learned my lesson.. New name brand bar in route.