Kicker Sub upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you weren't grumpy at all :)

btw - if anyone else is interested, it was my sensitivity was turned down too much - got that up and dialed in the cutoff around 80-85Hz and it sounds awesome now!!!

Thanks all!

Rattpter

Reaction score
So am I reading this thread correct where one install was disconnecting the stock amp & running new power from the battery for the new Kenwood 600w amp, while using the signal wire from stock amp to turn on the new amp?
The other option was disconnecting the stock amp power to feed the new Kenwood amp power?

Apology as this is a pretty old thread and there were a few different options from the beginning, also using a LC2i unit(sounds like this may not be needed in later models?)

Thanks in advance as this looks like a pretty simple, low cost sound upgrade. The stock B&O is not bad, but could definitely use a little help while not losing floor space.

2020 Gen2

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used a new power feed to the Kenwood amp, and used the existing L/R channels from the stock amp
the Kenwood amp is auto-sensing and doesn't need a signal wire - as soon as audio hits the L/R channel, the amp turns on

it's been a great addition, much better sound, the fiberfill and wrapping the sub box made for a richer bass sound without the hollow/plastic tunnel sounds...

https://2017-ford-raptor.blogspot.com/2023/09/

Rattpter

Reaction score
I used a new power feed to the Kenwood amp, and used the existing L/R channels from the stock amp
the Kenwood amp is auto-sensing and doesn't need a signal wire - as soon as audio hits the L/R channel, the amp turns on

it's been a great addition, much better sound, the fiberfill and wrapping the sub box made for a richer bass sound without the hollow/plastic tunnel sounds...

https://2017-ford-raptor.blogspot.com/2023/09/
Thanks man! I took a look at the link to your blog also, great detailed information. I'm interested in the Whipple stage 1 kit, how's your daily mileage affected?

aknight55

Reaction score
Do you get the 2 ohm or 4 ohm if you want to run this off the factory amp? Also have an 2018 801A any issues with start/ stop I have been reading about? Thank you

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you get the 2 ohm or 4 ohm if you want to run this off the factory amp? Also have an 2018 801A any issues with start/ stop I have been reading about? Thank you
Any suggestions if I don’t have a 3d printed spacer?
you can get MDF or plastic ring spacers on amazon

Universal MDF Constructed Spacer for 8 Inch Speaker or Sub - Adds 3/4" To Depth

I got the 4 ohm woofer to match up with my amp, the 2Ohm would have pushed my amp into 1Ohm mode (unstable), so I have 200W - but it's MUCH improved over stock

no issues with start/stop because I ran power from the battery to the amp directly, audio feed from the existing amplifier