GEN 2 KHC Gen2 rear dove tail bumper install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jurasick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone install this bumper and have any tips or tricks. Anything I need to know before doing this? Mine comes in tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone install this bumper and have any tips or tricks. Anything I need to know before doing this? Mine comes in tomorrow.

I just cut dovetails for a different bumper but the actual bedside cutting would be the same.

get yourself a roll of blue tape, a bunch of different types of straight edges, a fine tip marker, mount the bumper exactly where you want it. Double check tailgate clearance. Then start taping lines. Stand back walk all around make sure you like where the cut line is.

I normally start with a small cut off wheel. I like the control I have with it vs the body panel saw. Once you get a clean first starting cut then I do multiple passes until I’m through the plastic. Once through the plastic I angle the saw/cut off up so the metal is cut higher than the plastic.

I also recommend cutting one side then using its measurements mapped over to the other side that way you get the same exact cut, not just the same preference line.

I would highly recommend getting the khc dovetail plates as well. They are awesome!

20AE7EE9-9A2F-4EA2-9DE4-B70085BEBD29.jpeg

35BEBF8C-FAFD-4F27-B390-8F1FCE3857DE.jpeg

3780CE51-A675-4870-8A11-DE0E9C451FA9.jpeg

00574DDC-59E1-4CF2-B80D-011CAF88CC5F.jpeg

OP
OP
Jurasick

Jurasick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cut dovetails for a different bumper but the actual bedside cutting would be the same.

get yourself a roll of blue tape, a bunch of different types of straight edges, a fine tip marker, mount the bumper exactly where you want it. Double check tailgate clearance. Then start taping lines. Stand back walk all around make sure you like where the cut line is.

I normally start with a small cut off wheel. I like the control I have with it vs the body panel saw. Once you get a clean first starting cut then I do multiple passes until I’m through the plastic. Once through the plastic I angle the saw/cut off up so the metal is cut higher than the plastic.

I also recommend cutting one side then using its measurements mapped over to the other side that way you get the same exact cut, not just the same preference line.

I would highly recommend getting the khc dovetail plates as well. They are awesome!

View attachment 164019

View attachment 164020

View attachment 164021

View attachment 164023
That’s perfect. Thanks. I did get the filler panels as well.