Keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
i spoke to my dealership buddy again, he said no only will the key be pricey but its the programming they will kill you on the charges... even though it only takes a few minutes to sync it they charge over $100 to program plus the cost of key it just doesnt seem worth it. but at least we tried lol

Reaction score
Don't know the process for the new keys but the 2004-2008 key (without remote) only needs one of the keys that came with the vehicle. The process was inserting each key and turning it while pushing brake....the horn would sound and that was it. Out the door. Of coarse I'm over simplifying it. But that is what they did to mine on more than 1 occasion. I'll ask my buddy (parts manager) tonight.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

OK. Since I have ADD. I called him. He said it is the same process. But. You still have to get the key cut. Then they OVER charge you for something that takes 2 minutes. He even said they (Cleveland, MS) charge 150.00 and up for the service. They won't cut a key without programming it either.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We in the wrong business. I guess if your going to get screwed at least enjoy it!

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wend to Lowe’s and had the key cut; the guy said ‘no charge’!
Used the instructions that came with the key and had it working in two minutes!