Paint Oops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CW McCall

Reaction score
So, ok, I know I goofed here, just looking for some opinions on how you'd handle. I got my truck ceramic coated and thought "good enough" but guess what - ain't no way. I already have a few very small paint chips on the hood - none are yuge, but I am both kicking myself and super annoyed. But several appeared yesterday after we got a snow/sleet combo here in PA.

I'm open to all suggestions on how you'd handle but I'm thinking buff off the ceramic and get proper ppf then re-ceramic. The question is - would you use a touch up pen or go nuclear and re-paint the entire hood? I'm crazy enough to do it, but I figured I'd toss it out to the crowd to see first.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ceramic coating wont stop chipping. What I would do if I was you would be to hire a good paint touch up guy. The good ones can make it seem like nothing ever happened. Let the truck sit for a week and get some Xpel ppf put on the truck.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford paint chips so easily, the last two Raptors I’ve gotten partial front PPF. Unless this is a long term truck I would just touch up.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put PPF on the nose at my cars and trucks to prevent those front end chips.