Keypad LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a great write up! I'm thinking I'll buy an extra keypad so when I mess it up it won't be on the one that goes in the truck haha now when you solder the new LEDs on how careful do you had to be to not mess up the led? And it's only going on each side of the led correct? That's all the questions I have so far lol I'll let you know if I have anymore once I get my new keypad and actually try it.

Oh one last thing I'm sure you said it before but the LEDs have to be a 12V led righ? You said if it needs more power than the 12v battery can apply to get new ones so I'm assuming so lol

RaptorHolic

Reaction score
Pat'sRAPTOR...
Thanks!!! good idea on getting an extra Keypad, when you solder the Led's all you need to worry about is don't hold the solder Gun/pencil to close to them for a long time B/C you risk melting them.
The board is using 12V from the truck but there are 2 Resistors, 1 for 3 led's and 1 for 2, converting the voltage to 6.8 Volts or so. That being said a regular 12v led will not work. when I get Home will take a picture to show you the part I got my Led's from.

Hope I answered your questions and Good luck.

Last edited:

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptoholic, keep me updated on the cost of a new keypad like we discussed this weekend if you don't mind. Thank you.
Is there any reprogramming of the new keypad or it just plugs into the trucks "brain"?

ejusezu9.jpg

a4e2adaz.jpg

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
K, I contacted Mike@Riverside and they quoted me for new door pad:
$64.00
PART #Al3z14a626AA

RaptorHolic

Reaction score
pat'sRaptor..
here is the board that I remove the led's from, you can find this one and all types of aftermarket lighting at any auto parts store. main thing here is for you to compare the size of your led's with the ones you will be getting.
if you search on the autozone web. type Putco/White universal interior LED kit this will give you an idea what I'm talking about, but there are many more that can be used.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Last edited: