Keypad Code Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really want to use my keypad, but i don't know where to find the code given to my car from the factory... and when i find it, how do i set it up?

thanks!

enter the factory code, then press the 1-2 button, enter another 5 digit code, then press the 1-2 button again

i usually recommend to customers something easy to remember when your in a tight spot. birthday, zip code, anniversary, etc..

you can change the 2nd code as often as you'd like too

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use mine all the time you can also lock the keys in when you go somewhere so you don't have to carry them with you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DirtSlinger22

Reaction score
On my old 2004 F150 SuperCrew the factory code was behind the back seat. I had to fold down the back seat and then remove the carpet on the back of the cab on the drivers side. There was a sticker there that had the factory code on it.

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If for some reason the card is not in the truck. Call your dealer.

I know we (my dealership) writes the code on the invoice in the office and also writes it on the front of the packet for the deal as well.

In addition, I will keep the factory code for my customers in my customer database that I can access any time they get locked out!

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If for whatever reason the code is lost on paper, it can be recovered using the IDS (Ford scan tool). It's easy to do, usually I don't even charge people.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also programmed a custom code that I'll actually remember! Even if you program a custom code, the original code on the card will ALWAYS work, so keep it somewhere safe!

I like that you can lock the truck (pressing 7/8 and 9/0 simultaneously) even when it's running! Sometimes I forget something in the house and want to keep the truck running, warming up... get out, lock with the keypad even while running!

Nice tip! I didnt know you could chnge it. I go off of:

Left - Left Mid/ - Middle - Right Mid - Right (not numbers) and just remember the order.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i finally set mine up yesterday and put in my own code. kept telling myself that i need to memorise that code... but never remembered to take it out of the truck.... so i set up my own code!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Memorized mine within the first day of owning it. Just used it a few times and it stuck in my head. Now, I use that keypad thing almost every time I drive the truck