Door Keypad Code Location!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok there are two ways:

1) There should be a 'wallet card' in the owner's manual. It looks like this:
KeyCode.jpg
(Not My Card.)

2) On the bar code sticker on the back of the fuse box block (passenger side outside kick panel), it will be the 5 digit number in the lower left hand corner of the sticker when reading it.
2011-07-16_10-56-37_379.jpg

2011-07-16_10-56-57_608-1.jpg

Your will have to remove the fuse box access 'door' and the piece it attaches to. (they snap out and snap back in)

The number is NOT in giant font size or bolded, just a tiny 5 digit number that would not raise any attention.

I had to use a flashlight in the daytime to make out the last digit. This print is SMALL.

I had to do this because my truck was used and the previous owner kept the Owner's Manual.

The Ford dealer will want $50 for this code to be pulled, and various websites around the web will give you the run-around.

Every model has a different location for this code so it was hard to find this for our specific truck (i.e. older models of F150 had the code hidden behind the back seat, etc.).

This should work for all 09-12 F150s (Raptors included).

Just paying it forward, to save some of the headaches this has cost me. And to take some money out of the 'stealership's' pocket, they have enough. :peace:

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Door Keypad How Tos:

Programming a personal entry code:
The factory set code cannot be reprogrammed but you can create your own 5 digit personal entry code. When pressing the controls on the keypad, press the middle of the controls to ensure a good activation.

Up to three personal entry codes may be programmed to the vehicle. To create your own personal entry code:

•1. Enter the factory set code.
•2. Within five seconds press the '1/2' on the keypad.
•3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered within five seconds of each other.
•4. Press '1/2', '3/4' or '5/6' to indicate which of the three personal entry code positions you wish to use.
•5. The doors will again lock then unlock to confirm that your personal key code has been programmed to the module.

Tips:
•Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.
•Do not use five numbers in sequential order.
•The factory set code will work even if you have set your own personal code.
•If you program a code to a position that already contains a set code, the previously-set code will be erased.

Erasing personal code:
•1. Enter the factory set 5 digit code.
•2. Within five seconds, press the '1/2' on the keypad and release.
•3. Press and hold the '1/2' for two seconds. This must be done within five seconds of completing Step 2.
All personal codes are now erased and only the factory set 5 digit code will work.

Unlocking and locking the doors using keyless entry:
•To unlock the driver's door, enter the factory set 5-digit code or one of the vehicle's personal codes.
•Each number must be pressed within five seconds of each other. The interior lamps will illuminate.
•To unlock all doors, press the '3/4' control within five seconds.

•Note: The driver's door must be closed. You do not need to enter the keypad code first.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great info VT! Thanks for sharing.

and in reference to the "card", if you think about it, keeping it in the glove box does you no good. So I have done the following:

1) I made a photocopy of the card, but reduced it slightly and laminated it and keep in my wallet.

2) I also took a pic of the card (front and back) with my iphone, that way I always have it there too!

:peace:

p.s. - For new owners, regardless if you change the code to any 5 digit code you want..The original card code will always work.

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info VT! Thanks for sharing.

and in reference to the "card", if you think about it, keeping it in the glove box does you no good. So I have done the following:

1) I made a photocopy of the card, but reduced it slightly and laminated it and keep in my wallet.

2) I also took a pic of the card (front and back) with my iphone, that way I always have it there too!

:peace:

p.s. - For new owners, regardless if you change the code to any 5 digit code you want..The original card code will always work.

I stored 'Raptor' in my phone's contacts with my Master Code as his number, LOL.

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the extreme necropost here but I just wasted an hour of my life trying to figure this out.

If your 5 digit code doesn't appear on the stickers like in the original post above don't take out the entire fuse panel and search the bar code with a magnifying glass looking for a tiny number before you try the 5 digit number in huge font on the outside sticker right in front of your face. Mine had a five digit number and a J after it, which led me to believe that it couldn't possibly be the right code so I kept searching. After coming inside and rereading every thread I could find on the subject I went back outside to reinstall everything when I figured I'd give the big font numbers on the front sticker a try.

What can I say, I'm a slow learner... Hopefully this helps someone else.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did this today on my 2012. Justcozz you are right. I found mine on the outside of the fusebox opposite the sticker that is shown in the original picture. I probably could have seen it by just removing the normal fusebox panel but I pulled the whole kick piece out too.

I tried the code and first and it didn't work at all. Then i remembered i had removed the battery to clean off corrosion. Talk about slow learning...

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have both keys you can also get the factory code to display on the cluster lcd screen. There's a youtube video for it. Saved me a bunch of time rather than tearing my brand new truck apart because the dealer "misplaced" it.

Found the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuaZuD1xX0E

Last edited: