Keypad Code Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you manage to do that?

You may need the dealership to look up your "as built" data and resend it to the VSM.

Did it from the touch screen. It happened very easily. It looked as if I had to erase the master code to add a new one. Apparently not. I'm not sure why they would allow you erase it with no new code programmed. I figured that I may have to bring it in to the dealer but figured if there was a fix you guys would know.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Locktech is a locksmith. If anyone can manage it, he can. :)

Sent using Tapatalk

lol! One would certainly think so. Go figure of all things I screw up it has to do with the keyless entry.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

I'll go through it step by step and post so no one else does it.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I have read you can not delete the master code, but somehow the MFT screws up and you can not reprogram it from the touch screen. You should be able to still unlock your doors by the keypad using the factory code, and you can also program the keypad using the factory code on the keypad following the steps that are required for those without MFT

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to go to the dealer to reprogram the BCM and if its not work they give you new BCM with the new factory code .

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SS - what did you mean by program "a pats" key??

It's the "transponder" key or some people call it a "chip" key. Fords "Passive Anti-theft system" The transponder chip in the head of the key communicates with the computer system allowing your truck to start. No programmed key no vehicle start.