Keyless Entry Code Retrieval

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He didn't buy from Ford dealer. RIF
I never said that he did. You act like Ford dealers are the only ones accessible to Ford keys. As I said in my original post too many people let dealerships get away with this.

Every single car dealership has access to put a second key on any vehicle they have in their inventory especially if it is not a European vehicle . When you're paying a premium price for premium vehicle there's certain things that should come with that vehicle and a second key is one of them

Last edited:

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never said that he did. You act like Ford dealers are the only ones accessible to Ford keys. As I said in my original post too many people let dealerships get away with this.

Every single car dealership has access to put a second key on any vehicle they have in their inventory especially if it is not a European vehicle . When you're paying a premium price for premium vehicle there's certain things that should come with that vehicle and a second key is one of them
When you’re buying used, you get it as-is.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you’re buying used, you get it as-is.

True statement, but my point is they should already have that before it hits the sales lot.

If you truly got it as is the car would be dirty inside and out from the trade in or auction buy. Again my position is these dealers have vendors for Windows, dents, and key replacement.

By your logic no used car should be detailed inside and out when it hits the lot.

metalwhiz

Reaction score

So blame the people, not the dealership. If having a 2nd key and/or owner's manual is important to you for a used vehicle, make a point of it when negotiating the price.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True statement, but my point is they should already have that before it hits the sales lot.

If you truly got it as is the car would be dirty inside and out from the trade in or auction buy. Again my position is these dealers have vendors for Windows, dents, and key replacement.

By your logic no used car should be detailed inside and out when it hits the lot.
That’s not what I said at all. As-is just means there’s no entitlement to all the extras that come with a new car. Dealers only wash and clean cars because it makes them more money on the vehicle. The expense pays for itself. If it made no difference, most dealers would just leave it dirty.

I’m sure the dealer could have bought an extra key for the Raptor and add another $300 to the price. Obviously the truck sold with one key so it’s not much of a dealbreaker.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So blame the people, not the dealership. If having a 2nd key and/or owner's manual is important to you for a used vehicle, make a point of it when negotiating the price.
I did, or at least I thought I did but looking at my original post it isn't to clear.

My original post was meant to say way to many ppl let dealerships get away with stuff like this . " oh it's used so it only had one key" is not an excuse I would let fly and I don't understand why ppl buying a vehicle 2 years old or spending that much money would walk off the lot excepting that.

Last edited:

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s not what I said at all. As-is just means there’s no entitlement to all the extras that come with a new car. Dealers only wash and clean cars because it makes them more money on the vehicle. The expense pays for itself. If it made no difference, most dealers would just leave it dirty.

I’m sure the dealer could have bought an extra key for the Raptor and add another $300 to the price. Obviously the truck sold with one key so it’s not much of a dealbreaker.

What you view as extra I view as standard ( when we are talking about a low mileage , fairly new vehicle. The dealers the sell used vehicles with 2 keys are not more expensive than the ones that sell with 1 key. It comes down to year ,mileage and car history.

I am just saying as a buyer ppl don't even have a standard anymore and it's sad. Most ppl think like sheep and have the same logic you just said " well it's used so I get what I get" and ppl have that mind set because they let dealers get away with it.

Same think happened on another forum , dude spent 60k on a raptor with 1 key and a 1/4 tank of gas lol

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you view as extra I view as standard ( when we are talking about a low mileage , fairly new vehicle. The dealers the sell used vehicles with 2 keys are not more expensive than the ones that sell with 1 key. It comes down to year ,mileage and car history.

I am just saying as a buyer ppl don't even have a standard anymore and it's sad. Most ppl think like sheep and have the same logic you just said " well it's used so I get what I get" and ppl have that mind set because they let dealers get away with it.

Same think happened on another forum , dude spent 60k on a raptor with 1 key and a 1/4 tank of gas lol
I’ve known of people who buy $40k used cars with gas on E. You can call it standards, but you’re not outsmarting anyone. The dealer will give you a 2nd key if there’s enough room in the profit. m