Just ordered the Tesla style radio for my Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PitchforkR

Reaction score
Man they are super slick in person. I was wondering how the bezel would look, but it looks factory installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
got a 12" from a '19 RAM wreck
it'll be a sick in a Raptor
carvin' up the dash to-nite

OP
OP
C

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He won’t. Lot of adapters for it to work with the Ford systems and I have a feeling that Jake17 is no electrical engineer. Or anything else that remotely adds value to anything.

Mostly an internet troll.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He won’t. Lot of adapters for it to work with the Ford systems and I have a feeling that Jake17 is no electrical engineer. Or anything else that remotely adds value to anything.

Mostly an internet troll.

Yes, Jake and I go way back... :smile:

He is entertaining if you don't take anything he says personally. I probably should not encourage him.

LeadFootCraig

Reaction score
How is this thing holding up? I am just about ready to pull the trigger on one of these. Any regrets or issues?

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I've been watching the videos about the salomondrin special edition Raptor from Galpin Autosports. He has a giant tesla style radio that comes with that truck. It has to be the same as these two. In the video it looks like he can adjust the interior lights also.

My questions are:
In an 802A truck, do you still get all the bells, chimes, and warnings\alerts if you use the RCAs?
Can the factory B&O amp be removed?
Does remote/fob based remote start still work?
I use the app remote start from my Amazon Echos. I love starting the truck while I get ready so it cools off in the summer or warms up in the winter. Is there an aftermarket kit that works with the Amazon Echo?
Can you still control ambient lighting with this headunit?
Did anyone figure out the RCA voltage from this headunit?
Does it support Android Auto? If so, while in Android Auto, does the "ok google" voice control work?
How is the bluetooth call quality with this new headunit?

To verify:
XM will need to come through an app and be wifi based (I think this means a different subscription type with XM).
The native Sync voice control doesn't work.
360 cameras DO work.
Looks like you can activate front and rear cameras anytime. Is that true for side cameras also?

What else does not work?

Thanks,
Josh