Just got my K&N

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbexhaust

Reaction score
Installed last night , I love it. Cool intake sound and seems to have a little more power. Putting it on the dyno later today to see how much HP it put to the wheels.

I dynoed my truck last week and noticed I was down around 20 HP compared to another Raptor we dynoed a few weeks back. Has anyone else doing dyno work noticed big discrepancies in power between stock raptors?

MB

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question, mbexhaust, even if you have a dyno run from before the installation of your new CAI, how do you figure that they'll be comparable? Comparability of dyno runs requires that they be done back-to-back, on the same machine, no calibrations or adjustments to the machine between runs, same tank of gas, and same ambient temperature, barometric pressure, and relative humidity.

OP
OP
M

mbexhaust

Reaction score
Ruger

We always do multiple dyno runs to set a base run average for any given project / vehicle. This sets a pretty good starting point that will help us determine average gains after adding various aftermarket performance goodies.

You are correct the best way and maybe the most accurate way is to do the runs all back to back with all the same parameters but there is only so many hours in a day.

For instance we saw 14 -15 HP over the stock truck with the CAI installed, sure two different days but multiple runs both in stock form and with the CAI installed then averaged out to show the gain or loss. in this case a gain

Remember this is just to see what approx gains or loss we might see. Im in no way saying everyone will get the same results , basically I'm just having fun with my new Raptor :)

MB

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We run with the hood closed we do have large fans blowing into the grill area of the truck. MB

Congratulations on your dyno procedure! It is my understanding that most outfits do dyno runs with the hood open - an unrealistic procedure that puts a question mark on all runs, and produces erroneously high figures for vehicles with open airboxes. You do it RIGHT!