Just got my Gen 1! What is the best way to level it out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daweism

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the Gen 2 shock swap and very pleased, leveled the truck out, don't see no difference on doing the mid or top perch move. Don't plan on jumping the truck so don't see any future harm, only paid $610 for all 4. it's my daily driver, go for rides on logging roads or power line roads, live in central PA.

Tell us more on this swap.

Reaction score
Just normal swap, Gen 2 shocks, front and rear, (fronts) reuse Gen 1 Springs and top mount, bolts right in. Like I said I don't plan on jumping the truck so the front won't be fully drooping, figured this would be cheapest way to replace the shocks, maybe upgrade a lil bit, level the truck out without mid perch mod or after market springs, I'll get some pics posted......I talked to Ken Suttle on here, he had his done

Last edited:

speudey7

Reaction score
Has anyone tried leaving the front at bottom perch then putting in the 2wd spacer block in the rear leaf springs? That way it keeps the plush ride up front and drops the rear around 1.5"

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried leaving the front at bottom perch then putting in the 2wd spacer block in the rear leaf springs? That way it keeps the plush ride up front and drops the rear around 1.5"

I did for a while. It does make the rear stiffer since you're deeper in the compression zone of the shock. This one has the bump strike built in. While it does work the shock is not in an optimal zone. I later did Geiser springs, by far the smoothest.
https://www.readylift.com/rear-bloc...MIgMq6vuXr4AIVkR-tBh2DFw-eEAQYAiABEgJvkPD_BwE