Just got my Gen 1! What is the best way to level it out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fords are invariably light in the rear, so the best and cheapest way to level your new acquisition is to leave the front alone because that's not where the problem lies. Buy several bags of sand at your local home improvement center and put them in the bed over the rear axle. Very handy in the winter - solves two problems at once.

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best way, Geiser springs. Cheapest way, mid perch. The springs are expensive however with their progressive wind, they are one heck of a setup for the front of the truck.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best way, Geiser springs. Cheapest way, mid perch. The springs are expensive however with their progressive wind, they are one heck of a setup for the front of the truck.

yeah a better way of doing it for sure, just really depends on a few variables. I looked into Geisers when I had to rebuild mine fronts. around 900 CAD all in just for springs and it was 900$ for the rebuild and I could have just spent a few more dollars and gone to 3.0s at that point.

$ mid perch
$$ mid and Geiser springs
$$$ new fox's/ Icons.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just FYI, I have 80K miles on my GEN1, never saw a reason to "level" it, and I've had no problems with the truck whatsoever. It's done everything I wanted it to do, and took me everywhere I wanted to go - including over Cinnamon Pass (12,000 feet in elevation) in Colorado. If you think you have a problem to solve, I'd love to hear the proof if it isn't based on some company's advertising hype.

Reaction score
I just did the Gen 2 shock swap and very pleased, leveled the truck out, don't see no difference on doing the mid or top perch move. Don't plan on jumping the truck so don't see any future harm, only paid $610 for all 4. it's my daily driver, go for rides on logging roads or power line roads, live in central PA.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just did the Gen 2 shock swap and very pleased, leveled the truck out, don't see no difference on doing the mid or top perch move. Don't plan on jumping the truck so don't see any future harm, only paid $610 for all 4. it's my daily driver, go for rides on logging roads or power line roads, live in central PA.

Mighty interesting! What shocks did you buy and where did you buy them, please, Mr. Miller?